X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

2008 - How was your year?

Mine sucked balls but I got a lot of toys so I'll forgive 25% of the bad times. It still really sucked tho. I really hope 2009 offers more light and hope through this madness.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me
  • Shiva
    MCast Mistress
    • Nov 2007

Re: 2008 - How was your year?

Very mixed here as well....too much craziness, sometimes sadness, other times happiness and success as well... Hoping for a better 2009!

Comment

• tiddles
      Encryption, Jr.
      • Jun 2004

the first 1/2 was really good from the end of august on it was up and down, but mostly shit with a few good times. 2009 is looking interesting. i'll either become a student in france or i'll move to hawaii or korea

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

2008 worst year so far. I have never been so sick as I was this year. It seemed like every other month I was sick with something. 2009 here I come.

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
          Editor Shmeditor
          • Nov 2006

Joint best year ever - tied with 1999 (my trance/djing heyday and chemical honeymoon)
          Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• art71
            Getting Somewhere
            • Jun 2004

2008 has been a mixed bag here, some good, some bad, some really bad. Good being the promotion I got at work, really bad, the girlfriend of 12 yrs leaving me. Bring on 2009

Comment

• Mad'Em Fixer
              Addiction started
              • Aug 2008

F*ck 2008 other than the pleasure of becoming acquainted with some of you.
              UFUCKINGCUNTCHA!!!!R.I.P. Jib!

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                • Mar 2008

Hands down, the toughest and most challenging/intense year in my life, -- physically, emotionally, and mentally -- on all fronts, no doubt. I made some real poor choices, but have pretty much conquered a part of myself thru it all this year. Life on the interweb here etc, and the progress I made on my musical endeavors, were the invaluable balances' to all the bullshit going on in my personal everyday life since mid 07. I will be enlisting next year, so there one beacon of promise for 2009.
                (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Homegrove
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

Musically this year was amazing, personally very little stuck. Too many deaths for sure.
                  Forward thinking house music

Comment

• FM
                    Wooooooo!
                    • Jun 2004

mixed...good parties, good afterparties, good people...had some troubles and problems that are past me, but a couple of others have creeped up. Picked up a couple of goodies along the way.

lousy job & pay, really pushing myself to improve on '09 and get to where I really want to go in life...you hit that breaking point in life sometimes where enough is enough...and it's time for a change. With the way the economy's tanking in spots, the only way you can improve is to just DIY.
                    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                    Facebook!
                    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                      AVB FanClub | President
                      • Oct 2005

Too much heartache this year for me

Started with my Nanny (mom's mom) passing away in April, Chris screwing me over and leaving in June, family dog passing away at the end of October, and then Jibby in November....I have cried too many tears this year and I can't wait for the new year to begin.

Hoping the new job stays enjoyable and will be working towards my NKE so I can write my HR Designation in the next 3yrs. Who knows, maybe I will even find a decent guy next year as well! lol
                      sigpic
                      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• ShawnD64
                        Quickshot the Minute Man
                        • Jan 2005

ermm kinda awesome

met a girl i fell in love with.
                        first track ever signed.
                        dj'd out for the first time all over boston.
                        traveled to berlin, vienna, prague, munich, frankfurt, paris, swiss
                        been a part of some killer projects at work...

so it was good... not to rub it in
                        http://soundcloud.com/scd64
                        http://www.myspace.com/scd64
                        http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• hambino21
                          PFC Semen Ham
                          • Jul 2004

A very intense year to say the least. I have learned more this year about life and the world then i might learn the rest of my life. This year definitely brought more heartache than most years in the past, and will definitely be remembered. On the other side i have experienced some great things, and have been changed as a person. of course there is events that have occurred that i wish I could have changed, but we must live on and never forget the ones we love, and to always try to give more than we take.
                          " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• Miroslav
                            WHOA I can change this!1!
                            • Apr 2006

some of it was good, some of it was bad. mostly it was what I made it through my attitude.

next year...some of it will be good, some will be bad. most of it will be what I make it through my attitude.

but on the material side...I think next year will be a tough belt-tightening exercise as I think we are basically entering a mini reenactment of the Great Depression. I'm not assuming that my job will remain safe and I have been saving as much cash as I can for a while now in anticipation.
                            mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• coleby761
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • May 2008

A rollercoaster of a year. Son diagnosed with autism, lost my grandfather and then my best friend. But family is healthy, bills paid, and food on the table. Also my first consecutive year drug and alcohol free. Musically best year I can remember and found my home away from home here on MS and met some cool people. To all those who run this joint and hook me up with great choons thanks for making these difficult times easier. One day at time we push onward.

Comment

Working...