X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: 2008 - How was your year?

Challenging, that's for sure. Insane for about 90% of the time, this year.

This year proved particularly tough for me mentally. So much shit that built up finally came bursting out.
    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Kat
      A pretty fn good milkshake
      • Mar 2006

started a bit weird but since february its been all good. i've learned a lot this year and that changed me as a person, i have retired from work and been living peacefully since then, doing whatever i want, mainly reading and studying things that interest me, went to a lot of seminars.... i thought i would travel a bit more but decided to do that next year and also like DQ maybe meet a nice guy
      8/10
      ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Oct 2005

My 2008 has been great. Have a good job and have settled down nicely. 2009 should see me get a promotion which will be fantastic.

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Mine has been a rollercoaster. Moved from Singapore to Australia. Went to Melbourne first, spent about 4 lousy months not finding work, came to Sydney, another 2+ months before I became a full-timer. So half a year of not knowing what's happening and living out of a bag.

Just settling down in Sydney but don't know anyone here, and work is not turning out to be very inspirational nor exciting.

Jib's passing out of the blue, my friend out of the blue becoming the first Singaporean victim of some fuck terrorist bullshit, my dad on dialysis, my ex with a tumor in her head, shit like that is making me reconsider what I really should be doing, or rather where I should really be.

Just one of those things I guess, you get to where you think you wanted to be, and maybe things changed in the time it took to get there, so everything looks different now.

I just think life sucks these days. People can go on about being glad to be alive and for the little things, but the truth is you just trudge along until the next fuck thing happens, and those are the things that really impact your life. Reminds me of what they used to say in the ecstacy communities: When the comedowns just aren't worth the highs anymore. Life is turning into one long comedown, can't remember the last time I genuinely felt a high point as opposed to making some noise when people laugh.

Don't really know what will happen in 09, might pack up and move again, but I hope the hard bits are over.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• kassios
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

I had a tough 08...broke up with my gf early this year , lost a very good friend from leukemia,,,,,, and business since march wasnt really doing well till now....i guess 09 wont be as bad....time will tell

hope all the best to all of you
            http://soundcloud.com/concept-sheep

Comment

• hypoluxxa
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

Outside of the Newlands surprising me on my birthday this year, 2008 has sucked 18 different kinds of ASS!!!!!

Comment

• ddr
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

2008 sucks balls for me too.

worked all year, tax season SUCKED.. got a lot of toys so that part of it was good.

hope to get my own place in 2009.

going to visit couple of friends in Hawaii dec 26-jan 6th so at least 2009 will start off good.
                "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• Kamal
                  Administrator
                  • May 2002

Originally posted by feather
                  Reminds me of what they used to say in the ecstacy communities: When the comedowns just aren't worth the highs anymore. Life is turning into one long comedown, can't remember the last time I genuinely felt a high point as opposed to making some noise when people laugh.
                  is it odd I wanted to say the same in my starting post but didn't want to start the damn thread this way.... sadly, I do know what you mean
                  www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                  he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                  Originally posted by ace_dl
                  Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                  I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by feather
                    Mine has been a rollercoaster. Moved from Singapore to Australia. Went to Melbourne first, spent about 4 lousy months not finding work, came to Sydney, another 2+ months before I became a full-timer. So half a year of not knowing what's happening and living out of a bag.

Just settling down in Sydney but don't know anyone here, and work is not turning out to be very inspirational nor exciting.

Jib's passing out of the blue, my friend out of the blue becoming the first Singaporean victim of some fuck terrorist bullshit, my dad on dialysis, my ex with a tumor in her head, shit like that is making me reconsider what I really should be doing, or rather where I should really be.

Just one of those things I guess, you get to where you think you wanted to be, and maybe things changed in the time it took to get there, so everything looks different now.

I just think life sucks these days. People can go on about being glad to be alive and for the little things, but the truth is you just trudge along until the next fuck thing happens, and those are the things that really impact your life. Reminds me of what they used to say in the ecstacy communities: When the comedowns just aren't worth the highs anymore. Life is turning into one long comedown, can't remember the last time I genuinely felt a high point as opposed to making some noise when people laugh.

Don't really know what will happen in 09, might pack up and move again, but I hope the hard bits are over.
                    Kamal and Feather i am sorry to hear both of you have had such a bad year. I am sure and u guys can quote me this time next year that it will be fucken fantastic

Comment

• clintlove
                      Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                      • Jun 2004

Got engaged a few months ago!!! Made an very important career change to graphic design, although it cost me more than half my previous income, I had to start somewhere. Had some great times with friends but having to learn to live independent from them definitely sucks. Alot of fantastic music added to my collection this year. Meeting up with everyone in p-cola was definitely a highlight for me, met some fantastic people. (RIP Jibbs)

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• billyz
                        Addiction started
                        • Dec 2006

To many lows this year, and I'm not sure when it will end. It started in December of last year when my Uncle Bill(who I'm named after) passed away, then my fiances mother passed in early spring, I have a job but its not great and I'm not sure for how long into the new year as this economy sucks balls right now. Plus this being the first x-mas/NYE(holiday season) that my fiance is spending without her mother whom she was very close to, adds the mental as well as physical drain to the end of this year. I'm not much for praying, but I hope that something good comes out of the new year. (Insert deity here) HELP US ALL!
                        Billy Z
                        soundcloud.com/djbillyz
                        mixcloud.com/djbillyz
                        twitter.com/djbillyz
                        twitter.com/bluePRINTSaturo
                        instagram.com/djbillyz
                        djbillyz.com

Comment

• coliver1980
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Aug 2008

Started off good....bought new house with girlfriend. But lost my job through this bloody recession two months ago. Fucking tight times

Comment

• rainman
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Dec 2005

where to begin with this disaster of the past 12 months. from being shifted between 2 different markets and running multiple stores in each market simultaneously at work to being caught in the middle of a very nasty divorce from my wife of the past 14 years, i have dealt with more pain this year than any previous.

i will say that i have learned more about myself, life in general, society, who my friends really are, realized that everything that i have held near & dear to me has somehow lost its luster this year. someone show me the 2009 please.....and hurry.

and i spilled my drink too, damn this 2008.

Comment

• TomTom
                              Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
                              • May 2002

2008...please go away. This year a huge project I am a part of @ work has dominated my Life and forced me to use almost all the energy I have for it. Everything else like my private life, friends and family (and also [ms] for a longer time) I had to leave behind and as a reward for this, my future is unsure because the company I work for is in danger thanks to the bank crisis. Mixed with fears about my mother who was again in Hospital this year and Jib's Death, this year was almost the worst I ever had in my entire life. On Dec. 31, I turn 40 years old and I can't even make the party I had planned because I have to work during Christmas AND Dec. 31/Jan 01. I only aim to finish this year off and I know that I have to change a lot of things next year if I wanna survive without getting crazy.

Comment

• MJDub
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jun 2004

This is my 2008:

First half sucked balls with a couple of bright spots interspersed few and far between.

Second half kicked ass with a couple of dark days thrown in there.

Pretty balanced year for me.
                                http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

Working...