X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shiva
    MCast Mistress
    • Nov 2007

Jibby, Me & MCast

Time has come for me to open a post in Jibby's forum and put out few things:

I have come to know Jibby through MS/MCast almost a year ago, and my closest way to know him was through the net, msn, just like all the rest of my "MS/MCast friends".

During this year, Jibby and I got to chat many times, got to get well acquainted and discussed several topics, personal and musical ones.
    With time I discovered I was building a very sweet friendship with a very sweet guy who was living on the other side of the globe from where I currently reside. What I loved the most about him was his gift: his sense of humor. The word I would use the most while chatting with him was "LMAO". He would crack me of laughters.....and I miss him very much!
    Distance wasn't an obstacle for us to build a strong bond especially when it came to music: he was dedicated to MS/MCast, which was very important to him to succeed.

Then came the tragedy, the tragic loss we, his family and friends endured. And to be honest with all of you and although I respect his choice, I am still squeezing my mind everyday in order to try and understand, or find a justification to what can possibly motivate such a young nice person to make such a drastic choice. And I surely give it a thought everyday but I am still unable to figure that out and probably never will.

I think we, as adult and mature human beings, we don't always understand all of our choices that we make, even if we make them. I have my own opinion on the type of choice Jibby made which I don't wana share, but I don't want to judge him either coz I CAN'T, I simply don't have the right to judge his choice: his life was his, and only his.

But deep inside of me, I think, as a friend of his and there was a great reciprocity in appreciating eachother, that I don't deserve what he did. But again, I cannot look at it in an egoistic way and think only about my feelings, so I tell myself that most probably there are matters in his life I was not, and I am still not, aware of.
    Which leads me to accept and respect the choice he made without debating it (and which is NOT in debate here).

Many of us knew him to an extent or another, so each one of us griefs and pays respect, and has his own way of dealing with loss in general, and dealing with Jibby's in particular; each one is dealing with it according to his cable toe.

When the news broke out, most of us changed avatar, omitted signatures, opened threads and posts, made exclusive mixes, and probably more dedications will keep on coming, which only shows how much he was loved and appreciated.

I am following most dedications and thinking how can I, Shiva, give him my best dedication:

Music was a great chapter of his life, if not the biggest; His constant dedication for music during all these past years can only witness how music played an important part in his life, hence his show "MercuryRising" and his amazing active participation in MCast.
    All this leads me to believe that now a greater responsability lies on the MCast Team, to make sure that MCast remains the successful MS music station he always wanted it to be.
    And this is where I found a meaning and a shape of my dedication to him.

IMO, EDM and sorrow don't mix, not from where I stand as a MCast Team member, and towards the MCast audience:
    MCast Team pays its repect to Jibby the way it can and in the best way it sees it fit, which is with the MCast SUCCESS Jibby expected from us for it to be.

I believe now, more than ever, that MCast Team & Residents have an additional reason, a morale one, to contribute to MCast success, as a tribute to James "Jibgolly" James (R.I.P.).

This is the way I see it...
    This is the way I interpret it...
    This is the way I deal with it...

... dedicated to you "Jibby" - rest in peace dear.

• lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Jibby, Me & MCast

Very fitting. MCAST owes it to Jibs to be stronger now, more than ever.
    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Bender420
      Tickle me Elmo!
      • Jun 2004

nicely spoken lori!
      Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Thank you Shiva !!
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...