X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Blagojevich Prosecutor

(CNN) -- Hours after federal investigators announced they had arrested Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich and his chief of staff on corruption charges, U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald declared Tuesday a "sad day for government."

"Gov. Blagojevich has taken us to a new low," he said. "This conduct would make [Abraham] Lincoln roll over in his grave."
    Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich appeared in court Tuesday afternoon to hear federal corruption charges against him. He was released on $4,500 bail.

Here's the $64,000 question -- are the same wingnuts that blasted Fitzgerald as a partisan hack when he was prosecuting Scooter Libby going to show the same contempt for him now that he's prosecuting a Democrat?
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Blagojevich Prosecutor

Originally posted by toasty
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/...nor/index.html

Here's the $64,000 question -- are the same wingnuts that blasted Fitzgerald as a partisan hack when he was prosecuting Scooter Libby going to show the same contempt for him now that he's prosecuting a Democrat?

if you're equating what libby did with what we're seeing in G-Rod's indictment, then, yes.
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• shosh
      Banned
      • Jun 2004

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/...nor/index.html

wow toasty... i didnt expect you to come back with a post like this... new low

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
        if you're equating what libby did with what we're seeing in G-Rod's indictment, then, yes.
        am not comparing the acts, wondering whether the personal attacks on Fitzgerald will continue now that he's busting someone the right dislikes. My guess is that they'll pretend like none of that ever happened before.

Originally posted by shosh
        wow toasty... i didnt expect you to come back with a post like this... new low

Dude, WTF are you talking about? Around the time of the Libby perjury/OOJ convictions, there were a lot of hyperpartisan-types being very critical of Fitzgerald and his stated "ideological slant" or "personal agenda," which seemed ridiculous to me and unsupported by really anything at all because Fitz doesn't have an overly partisan background. I'm just wondering what the reaction of those folks will be now that he's busting Blago. Is Patrick Fitzgerald still the boogeyman? You can't see it, of course, but I'm actually laughing out loud a little as I type this, it's so ridiculous...

I don't know what you think I'm driving at here, but I'm not understanding your reaction here at all...

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

ok, so they won't.

and?
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

ok, so they won't.

and?
            and I'm looking forward to seeing the Daily Show/Colbert's take on this, because they seem to be the only ones willing to call people out on that sort of hypocrisy...

Comment

• 88Mariner
              My dick is smaller
              • Nov 2006

yawn. no offense, but really? compared to what we're seeing w/ G-Rod? I guess it would be interesting to see what the Daily Show does considering their material is pretty much negligible save for this. Honestly, what's at stake here, and the crimes committed, are a universe apart, not only in substance, but in mindset, too.

i'm looking forward to see who Candidate #5 is.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

yawn. no offense, but really? compared to what we're seeing w/ G-Rod? I guess it would be interesting to see what the Daily Show does considering their material is pretty much negligible save for this. Honestly, what's at stake here, and the crimes committed, are a universe apart, not only in substance, but in mindset, too.

i'm looking forward to see who Candidate #5 is.
                You're completely missing my point in terms of comparing the two acts, because I don't disagree with you they are incomparable. Mostly wondering if former pariah Fitzgerald will become a GOP hero for taking this clown down. Can't say that I'm too worked up about it, though, so I'm moving on.

BTW, innocent before proven guilty and all that BS, but this dude need to resign pronto. What a jackass.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                  My dick is smaller
                  • Nov 2006

You're completely missing my point in terms of comparing the two acts, because I don't disagree with you they are incomparable. Mostly wondering if former pariah Fitzgerald will become a GOP hero for taking this clown down. Can't say that I'm too worked up about it, though, so I'm moving on.

BTW, innocent before proven guilty and all that BS, but this dude need to resign pronto. What a jackass.
                  I don't think the GOP would give a shiat about Fitzgerald: their focus will be on G-Rod. They're probably indifferent.

Innocent till proven guilty? Sure, but damn, all that stuff is on tape. This is one of those rare times when the facts are so pungently strong that I'm wondering how G-rod will prove himself innocent.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• 88Mariner
                    My dick is smaller
                    • Nov 2006

this is messed up (from AP

President-elect Barack Obama says he is saddened by allegations that Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich tried to trade favors for Obama's Senate seat—and says he had no contact with the governor or his office on the matter.
                    but uh...didn't the indictment implicate Obama having talked to G-Rod and gave him his suggestion (#5) but wouldn't give anything else?

Interesting to see if this will be picked apart...

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
                      Sir Toastiness
                      • Jun 2004

I don't think the GOP would give a shiat about Fitzgerald: their focus will be on G-Rod. They're probably indifferent.
                      I doubt very seriously that most of them will even be cognizant of the fact that it is the same guy. They probably went from having no idea who Fitz was, to publicly flogging the guy for phantom partisan hackery, to completely forgetting about him again.

Innocent till proven guilty? Sure, but damn, all that stuff is on tape. This is one of those rare times when the facts are so pungently strong that I'm wondering how G-rod will prove himself innocent.
                      Oh, I was being facetious. The dude has no prayer. Completely hosed.

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

this is messed up (from AP

but uh...didn't the indictment implicate Obama having talked to G-Rod and gave him his suggestion (#5) but wouldn't give anything else?

Interesting to see if this will be picked apart...
                        Well, though, there's also this (from the other Blago thread), which would seem to cut against that:

They actually just read excerpts from Blago's taped phone calls on CNN a bit ago where he is complaining that Obama won't return his calls and that "all I'm gonna get from him is appreciation", not cash, following that up with "Fuck him."

They might have spoken at some point about who to appoint, but that's different from having contact with him about trading favors, etc., which is how I read the statement.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                          My dick is smaller
                          • Nov 2006

didn't see that. my bad. for obama's sake, i hope there's nothing more!

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
                            Sir Toastiness
                            • Jun 2004

Actually, there is some indication that it might have been Obama's COS Rahm Emmanuel that tipped off the Feds:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPlWht42enQ[/YOUTUBE]

We did receive a tip this morning that perhaps all of this came together so quickly because the Governor may have reached out to Rahm Emanuel, the president-elect’s chief of staff, in attempting to leverage filling the Senate seat. And it may have been Rahm Emanuel who tipped the scale and made this move as quickly as it did.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                              My dick is smaller
                              • Nov 2006

i don't have to write a caption. it writes itself.

----PEACE-----

Comment

Working...