• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Blagojevich Prosecutor

Originally posted by 88Mariner
    i'm looking forward to see who Candidate #5 is.
    Looks like it's Jesse Jackson Jr.

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

can someone give me the short version of what is going on with this situation? I have been busy the last few days and don't know much about it. I also don't want to read 20 articles to catch up.

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

You don't have to read 20 articles, but reading one might be a good start. This is all over whatever format you prefer for your news.

Edit: maybe start here:

Comment

• runningman
          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
          • Jun 2004

"Allegedly for sale: state jobs, state contracts and regulatory favors. In one surreal development, prosecutors said Blagojevich even tried to get critical editorial writers from the Chicago Tribune fired in exchange for helping parent Tribune Co. with a state plan to finance the purchase of Wrigley Field."

WTF!?!?!?!? WOW this is unbelievable. If Chicago is this bad imagine NY

Comment

• 88Mariner
            My dick is smaller
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by runningman
            "Allegedly for sale: state jobs, state contracts and regulatory favors. In one surreal development, prosecutors said Blagojevich even tried to get critical editorial writers from the Chicago Tribune fired in exchange for helping parent Tribune Co. with a state plan to finance the purchase of Wrigley Field."

WTF!?!?!?!? WOW this is unbelievable. If Chicago is this bad imagine NY

new york is nothing compared to chicago.

it's like comparing ottowa to saskatoon.
            you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

I don't understand what that mean. Is Chicago Saskatoon? Saskatoon is essentially nothing where Chicago is a major city. Please elaborate. Are you saying NY isn't as corrupt as Chicago?

Comment

• 88Mariner
                My dick is smaller
                • Nov 2006

I don't understand what that mean. Is Chicago Saskatoon? Saskatoon is essentially nothing where Chicago is a major city. Please elaborate. Are you saying NY isn't as corrupt as Chicago?
                yes.

chicago is to ottowa, as new york is to saskatoon.

lots of corruption and possibility of corruption, versus little corruptoin and little possibility of corruption.
                you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

----PEACE-----

Comment

• runningman
                  Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                  • Jun 2004

why is Chicago more corrupt?? I thought NY would be more corrupt.

Comment

• 88Mariner
                    My dick is smaller
                    • Nov 2006

why is Chicago more corrupt?? I thought NY would be more corrupt.

of course you did. that's the common assumption. bigger does not necessarily mean more corrupt, though. And Chicago has several DECADES of blatant corruption. It's not even funny how bad it is.

And i'm laughing my ass off that the Jacksons were going to try to buy a senate seat. They are so fucked. fuckers.

----PEACE-----

Comment

• runningman
                      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                      • Jun 2004

I'm pretty sure we just

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by 88Mariner

i don't have to write a caption. it writes itself.
                        ^ Yeah. I do want to stab them scumbags in the head with shish kabob sticks -- or maybe just play freeze tag with ice picks.

What a disgraceful, and corroding condition that our politics have fallen into though, damn.

Chitown needs some serious help, more than Baltimore and The Rotting Apple, imo.
                        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• toasty
                          Sir Toastiness
                          • Jun 2004

By the way, I now know the answer to the original question, which is that those on the far right ARE being critical of Fitzgerald, for bringing charges when he did rather than stretching out the investigation in an attempt to secure perjury and OOJ charges, showing his obvious liberal bias. Credit where credit is due, at least they are consistent. Because, you know, allowing Blago to appoint a US Senator through a bastardized and corrupt practice would have been worth the hope that Fitz might have secured some other charges.

Big difference between this and the Valerie Plame deal, BTW. With the Valerie Plame thing, the damage has been done and there was no exigency to the investigation. If there were inconsistencies, he had the luxury of time to follow up on them, because she had already been outed and whether the charges were brought immediately or a year later, you can't really put the horse back in the barn on her outing, the primary subject of the investigation. With Blago, though, the acts that were being investigated were at least partially prospective in nature, and by bringing the charges when they were brought, the Justice Department was (likely) able to prevent further criminal action from taking place. Big difference from a public policy standpoint.

Comment

• Localizer
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Jul 2004

Is it me or does it look like Rham is one scary motherfucker? He looks like he could take out the big black dude behind him....
                            Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                            -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• 88Mariner
                              My dick is smaller
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Localizer
                              Is it me or does it look like Rham is one scary motherfucker? He looks like he could take out the big black dude behind him....
                              i can't tell if his smile is evil or sexual.
                              but who the hell is the guy in the center??

----PEACE-----

Comment

• runningman
                                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                                • Jun 2004

so he made the pick. I thought someone was going to try to stop him. I thought he was going to step down? Ya right you know Obama has something to do with this now that it has for now blown over.

Comment

Working...