X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Scary

I was just driving back into the office from lunch, and ended up seeing something pretty disturbing. I'm driving along on the interstate, and a car maybe 40 car lengths ahead of me spins out, slams into the wall on the left side, then cuts back across 3 lanes of traffic to then hit a ditch, which ended up rolling the car a few times and ejecting the driver. I pulled over -- partially to make sure he was OK and partially because I had to pull right to avoid hitting the car in front of me anyway -- but by the time I came to a stop, the people that were closer to him had already run up to him and had begun calling 911.

Pretty scary, really. Guy was just lying there motionless, and it's 30 degrees right now, so you know for him to have been ejected, he had to have gone through a closed window, so he's probably plenty messed up. I never saw him move, but someone did put a jacket over him but didn't cover his face, so that's probably a positive sign. Hope he makes it.

I actually never got out of my car because by the time I got my car stopped, there were probably a dozen people that were already making their way up there. At that point, I was in a quandary. I have no medical training, so it isn't like I could do anything to help and there were already plenty of people there to offer whatever assistance non-medically-trained people can offer. Also, I didn't see the start of the accident well enough to be able to offer the police any sort of meaningful statement, so I'm basically useless. If I get out at that point, I feel like I'd be an unhelpful gawker, while if I leave, I'm an uncaring bastard. I ultimately ended up pulling away when the emergency vehicles arrived, figured at that point I was destined to just be in the way.

Anyway, the moral of all this: stay safe out there and wear your damn seatbelts. Watching that sort of thing really gets you thinking...
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Scary

Yeah you probably did the best thing just leaving. There wasn't much you could've done.

Indeed, buckle the fuck up.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• shosh
      Banned
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
      I was just driving back into the office from lunch, and ended up seeing something pretty disturbing. I'm driving along on the interstate, and a car maybe 40 car lengths ahead of me spins out, slams into the wall on the left side, then cuts back across 3 lanes of traffic to then hit a ditch, which ended up rolling the car a few times and ejecting the driver. I pulled over -- partially to make sure he was OK and partially because I had to pull right to avoid hitting the car in front of me anyway -- but by the time I came to a stop, the people that were closer to him had already run up to him and had begun calling 911.

Pretty scary, really. Guy was just lying there motionless, and it's 30 degrees right now, so you know for him to have been ejected, he had to have gone through a closed window, so he's probably plenty messed up. I never saw him move, but someone did put a jacket over him but didn't cover his face, so that's probably a positive sign. Hope he makes it.

I actually never got out of my car because by the time I got my car stopped, there were probably a dozen people that were already making their way up there. At that point, I was in a quandary. I have no medical training, so it isn't like I could do anything to help and there were already plenty of people there to offer whatever assistance non-medically-trained people can offer. Also, I didn't see the start of the accident well enough to be able to offer the police any sort of meaningful statement, so I'm basically useless. If I get out at that point, I feel like I'd be an unhelpful gawker, while if I leave, I'm an uncaring bastard. I ultimately ended up pulling away when the emergency vehicles arrived, figured at that point I was destined to just be in the way.

Anyway, the moral of all this: stay safe out there and wear your damn seatbelts. Watching that sort of thing really gets you thinking...
      glad you're ok bro, would have sucked if you were close to him

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

and if you were 39 car lengths ahead - he could have smacked right into you.
        its scarey shit indeed driving with so many bozo's on the road.

the last snow came down a few days ago during rush hour - dark and a bit foggy too - and there are still cunts doing 60 with NO LIGHTS ON!
        I dont care about them - but they can fuck up so many others by doing dumbass shit

*rant off
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Bender420
          Tickle me Elmo!
          • Jun 2004

damn, luckily he didn't hit any other cars after the car cut across traffic like that.
          Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bender420
            damn, luckily he didn't hit any other cars after the car cut across traffic like that.
            I'm pretty sure he did hit at least one other car because there was an awful lot of debris flying around before he started rolling, but nothing serious as far as I could tell and anyone else that was hit was able to maintain control of their vehicles, thankfully.

Comment

• Kamal
              Administrator
              • May 2002

Originally posted by toasty
              most importantly, you would have

A) Contributed to the already growing traffic of cars and people
              B) Not been able to contribute anymore than what is already being done by the people close to him.

You did the smart thing by moving on, the emergency services would've needed the space to pull the ambulance closer anyways.
              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
              Originally posted by ace_dl
              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• BureOne
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

damn that's pretty freaky witnessing that. I still dont understand how people drive without seatbelts! idiots!, especially in fucked up weather conditions!. tisk tisk mister hardcore!

Comment

• chanty
                  John, John, where art thou!
                  • Jun 2004

I'm sorry you had to see that. I've been lucky so far and haven't, and hope to keep it that way! You most def did the right thing by moving on, only so many people can help before it becomes a spectacle. Too many people standing around doing nothing is no good in that situation.
                  Glad that you're safe!!
                  Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

Crazy!

My friend just got in an accident yesterday. Some dumbshit 17 year old kid rear ended her toyota solara going 40mph. her car is totalled and the back is all jacked up from the pics she showed me. her passenger airbag went off, but not the drivers. she hit her head on the steering wheel and it is cut up a bit. her face and nose are going to be all bruised and messed up for a while. when she went to the hospital the cops said if she didnt have her seatbelt on she could have also gone thru the winshield.

Comment

• DIDI
                      Aussie Pest
                      • Nov 2004

Absolutely did the right thing,!!! Got out of the way so the people who had to be there could be . Sorry it had to happen to you !!
                      Originally posted by TheVrk
                      it IS incredible isn't it??
                      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• shosh
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by res0nat0r
                        Crazy!

My friend just got in an accident yesterday. Some dumbshit 17 year old kid rear ended her toyota solara going 40mph. her car is totalled and the back is all jacked up from the pics she showed me. her passenger airbag went off, but not the drivers. she hit her head on the steering wheel and it is cut up a bit. her face and nose are going to be all bruised and messed up for a while. when she went to the hospital the cops said if she didnt have her seatbelt on she could have also gone thru the winshield.
                        sorry to hear that your friend drives a toyota solara

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

sorry if this may seem insensitive which it is in most cases, but that just made me
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                          Originally posted by ace_dl
                          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• res0nat0r
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by shosh
                            sorry to hear that your friend drives a toyota solara
                            not anymore.

but that was pretty funny
                            she puts like 50k miles on her car a year b/c she drives so much and needs a toyota or honda

Comment

• Dhar_2
                              meat and potatoes
                              • Jun 2004

glad your ok!

its always difficult to decide what to do! if u can offer any real help its best not to add to the confusion.

u did the right thing! he already had enough attention.

glad u are ok.

take care out there. and remember if u have to go down, go down in flames!!!

Comment

Working...