Pretty scary, really. Guy was just lying there motionless, and it's 30 degrees right now, so you know for him to have been ejected, he had to have gone through a closed window, so he's probably plenty messed up. I never saw him move, but someone did put a jacket over him but didn't cover his face, so that's probably a positive sign. Hope he makes it.
I actually never got out of my car because by the time I got my car stopped, there were probably a dozen people that were already making their way up there. At that point, I was in a quandary. I have no medical training, so it isn't like I could do anything to help and there were already plenty of people there to offer whatever assistance non-medically-trained people can offer. Also, I didn't see the start of the accident well enough to be able to offer the police any sort of meaningful statement, so I'm basically useless. If I get out at that point, I feel like I'd be an unhelpful gawker, while if I leave, I'm an uncaring bastard. I ultimately ended up pulling away when the emergency vehicles arrived, figured at that point I was destined to just be in the way.
Anyway, the moral of all this: stay safe out there and wear your damn seatbelts. Watching that sort of thing really gets you thinking...



Comment