• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Re: Winter Music Conference 2009 Hotel Rates

Originally posted by neoee
    Im at shelborne again this year. I really hate that place but since we booked too late for the other place we wanted to stay we had to settle for it. Fortunately they have a decent line-up of people playing the parties which makes it better (since guests don't pay cover).

BTW be careful when you book, they want a picture copy of your CC and license to confirm your reservation. Shortly after booking my gf got a call from the bank saying that there were charges coming out of florida on her card (dominos pizza)... we live in Washington and she is still in possession of her card. I'm sure someone is writing down the CC numbers there. Authorities are investigating, and once we have some conclusion I'm hoping to go after shelborne so they put a stop to this silly practice.

this wouldnt surprise me. A few years ago I went to wmc with two friends and we got a room together. We all charged our portion of the room on our own cc's. A couple months later the two other people had 100's of dollars in charges on their cards at different stores throughout Florida and mine had a $350.00 charge that was immediately reversed by my bank on my card. Seems the place was keeping the carbons (yes they used carbon cc machines still) of the cc's and using the numbers to buy all sorts of stuff and sell it.

Comment

• neoee
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

@ Floridaorange

No we directly called but in the past we have booked online but they still end up emailing you a form and request for a copy of the CC and id, even if you try booking through a 3rd party. If you don't provide the requested info they cancel your reservation. The other thing to know is that they will charge your card immediately unlike others who charge your card when you check in. We booked back in December.

We stayed there last year too and paid 425/night and they stuck us in this shithole room. After the tv breaking, everything in the room being covered in rust (edges of mirrors, table legs), the globs of paint trying to cover who knows what, the nasty bathroom, and key card reader breaking and locking us out I complained and got moved to a better room. The second room was much nicer but the shower would be warm for a minute then go cold for the next 5. It looks like a nice hotel from the lobby but really its shit. The only advantage is the pool and Shine parties since you don't pay cover. Last year they were charging outsiders 50 bucks to get into the pool party. I did notice on the flyer that it was free for Florida residents. Fake id anyone?
      "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

^Sounds pretty similar to my experience last year @ the shelborne as well...The room we were in was all ikea furniture and the beds broke. fortunately i brought an inflatable mattress...good times!

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

^thanks for the info, I used a cc instead of a debit card today to secure my room, I thought they had already charged my card for 1 night automatically when i reserved online back in mid-feb. So this thread pretty much saved my reservation lol, thanks.

Originally posted by neoee
          @ Floridaorange

I did notice on the flyer that it was free for Florida residents. Fake id anyone?
          I read that too, I think it is referring to the closing party only though...please post the flyer you are referring to. thanks

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

Working...