It was going to happen shoener or later.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: It was going to happen shoener or later.....

Originally posted by toasty
    The problem, though, is that notwithstanding his ample justification and the fact that the throwing of a shoe is largely a symbolic act designed to show strong contempt, had it hit Bush in the face, it could have led to some significant physical harm. Even though I agree that Bush might deserve it, particularly coming from an Iraqi, I'm mostly just saying that we shouldn't set a precedent where we decide that acts of physical violence, regardless of degree, are acceptable as to world leaders. Otherwise, you get into this absurd sliding scale analysis where you have to decide what level of violence is appropriate as to each leader under the circumstances. There are things that we can all agree would be inappropriate to throw, like a grenade, but what if he threw a baseball? A 2x4? Was his shoe hard-soled or soft-soled? Nerf football? Banana cream pie? Was the pie in a aluminum tin, or a ceramic dish? It just gets ridiculous, and the better practice is just to have a bright line rule that throwing shit at world leaders is verboten. Pick another way to show your contempt.
    In the same vein, Bush didn't take a fly swatter to rid the earth of Sadam. Yes this comparison may not be in the same league of a reporter throwing a shoe at a President vs. a President waging war with another President and destroying his nation .... but .... we'll agree to disagree.

Imo he visited a country where (possibly) the greatest way to disrespect someone would be to chuck a shoe at them (vs. probably chucking pies in the West) so it's not extraordinary that Bush was greeted with 2. Of course if you present the varied chuckable items (i.e. 2x4, baseball, etc.) I imagine that people walking into a Presidential Press Conference would be screened for, and stopped if such items were found on their person.
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• DIDI
      Aussie Pest
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by bobjuice
      cool under fire - despite being probably the biggest twat ever to walk on this planet
      Nup, just too stupid to take it all in. The rat cunning ducked ! A bit like when he heard about 911
      Originally posted by TheVrk
      it IS incredible isn't it??
      STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
      Simply does not get any better than Hernan
      The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• dig72
        Gold Gabber
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by toasty
        Pick another way to show your contempt.
        In an ideal world, Bush and his partners in crime should be tried and if found guilty, hung asap. But we all know that it's not going to happen.

So how do Iraqis seek justice in this case?
        “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
        Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

• madmrmojo
          Fresh Peossy
          • Jun 2004

He is most definitely a rat bastard!
          But a quick one indeed.

Comment

Working...