X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superdave
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: al gore, tree huggers, and global warming bullshit believers

I think it's an interesting discussion start about global warming when you see Vegas covered in snow.

I'll ask the more educated on here - could the snow in Vegas be a reaction by the planet to global warming or are things improving as more people become more green?

I tend to think of the planet as not some helpless individual that will die if we don't change our habits. The late great George Carlin said and I agree that the planet will be okay, it's the people that will be impacted.
    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• runningman
      Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
      • Jun 2004

Global warming is not caused by man plain and simple. If you believe that then God help you. The sun is what changes our temperature on earth. Man made Global warming is the biggest lie ever told. Now was the Earth warming over the last 7 years "yes." Is it now going to go into a cooling phase "yes" How do I know this?? I did some research into sun spots.

You hippies told us the world was going to freeze in the 70's. What happened???

Believe me Chloe I am not fond of you either. You come one here with your hippie mouth spewing your global warming fear mongering that has taken over the west coast.

Like I said enjoy the government controlling the temperature in your house.

Also I do believe we have to change our ways on polluting the earth but man made global warming is bullshit.

Hey DIDI are you Chloe`s cheerleader or what

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
        Global warming is not caused by man plain and simple. If you believe that then God help you. The sun is what changes our temperature on earth. Man made Global warming is the biggest lie ever told. Now was the Earth warming over the last 7 years "yes." Is it now going to go into a cooling phase "yes" How do I know this?? I did some research into sun spots.

Just this weekend, my brother-in-law announced matter-of-factly that he had performed a study, and had concluded that global warming was bullshit. Of course, he is not a meteorologist, a geologist, or any other XXXX-ogist that would qualify him to perform such a study. Best I can tell, the number 1 thing that qualifies him to render such an opinion is that he is extremely conservative.

Remember back before global warming became a political hot topic (no pun intended)? Back then, the overwhelming majority of the scientific community agreed that global warming was a real phenomenon, and that we were more than likely contributing to it. Then Al Gore becomes the face of global warming, and suddenly a minority group of "scientists" -- with ties to conservative think tanks -- come out of the woodwork with their alternative theories and start banging pots and pans together so people would listen. It's so incredibly counter-productive, because even if you think global warming is bullshit, there are plenty of other reasons to try to live greener, less oil-dependent lives, not the least of which is so we can tell the least stable part of the world to kiss our collective ass.

Oh, and this "it's cold outside, so global warming must be bullshit" thing is just comically embarrassing. I had assumed that it was a joke, but now that I see some of the replies, I'm not so sure.

Comment

• runningman
          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
          • Jun 2004

Turns out the joke is really on you toasty

2008 was the coldest year in a decade.

If we get four years in a row of cooling by 2012-2013ish you same guys on here will be telling me that we are going into an ice age.

You hippie folk kill me

Comment

• day_for_night
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

^
            |
            you moronic folk kill me. i guess you're just gonna ignore my post. all that rational thought overloaded you huh?

ohh, and almost NO ONE is a fan of you here. you come on the board spouting crap you made up, with absolutely no basis, and you clearly have no expertise in this field (or any other i can discern). do us all a favour and start annoying people on the GU board. you'd fit in much better there...

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

It would be nice for you if there was a bunch of "yes men" on here right. It would be so much easier wouldn't it DFN. So you are really against freedom aren't you. Everybody should think like you shouldn't they DFN?

Go put some hemp in your hair and do some more shrooms hippie.

To bad I'm here and will be for a long time.

Comment

• day_for_night
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

It would be nice for you if there was a bunch of "yes men" on here right. It would be so much easier wouldn't it DFN. So you are really against freedom aren't you. Everybody should think like you shouldn't they DFN?

Go put some hemp in your hair and do some more shrooms hippie.

To bad I'm here and will be for a long time.
                no i dont think everyone should think like me. infact i love an intelligent discussion on any topic. having someone who has ideas opposed to yours and that can provide a rational, logical, well thought out debate is great...helps you hone in on what you really believe about a particular subject. you seem to think you fit that description...but your arguments boil down to "what i say is right because i said so". you then google up some bs to try and prove your point. its obvious to anyone with half a brain you dont have a clue what you are talking about here...or most of the time.

ohh, and about your last line...not if i have anything to say about it. you're a borderline troll. this board is a privelidge, not a right.
                Last edited by day_for_night; December 22, 2008, 09:03:48 PM.

Comment

• DIDI
                  Aussie Pest
                  • Nov 2004

Yep, and also for Toasty and Day for Night and pretty well anyone who actualy knows what they are talking about!!

Btw talking about decades or even centuries re global warming / cooling is just totally pointless. You are talking about single years, or seasons even !
                  Originally posted by TheVrk
                  it IS incredible isn't it??
                  STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                  Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                  The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

Troll???

Wow...

Even you must realize how stupid of a statement that is. I won't continue this ridiculous argument with a ridiculous person.

What do you have to say about it?? Your the one calling people Trolls. Moron Idiot I can take but Troll that is a little to far.

Comment

• thesightless
                      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
                      • Jun 2004

i lol'd at this one. i really did. i love sarcasm. not sharing the POV, but i lol'd.

i love u all. the last two pages have tears in my eyes from laughter. i think everyone needs to research the opposite opinion of what they hold close. chloe, it aint as bad as you think. runningman, what she says holds water.

but LOL at this thread. very funny.

You hippies told us the world was going to freeze in the 70's. What happened???

Believe me Chloe I am not fond of you either. You come one here with your hippie mouth spewing your global warming fear mongering that has taken over the west coast.

Like I said enjoy the government controlling the temperature in your house.

Also I do believe we have to change our ways on polluting the earth but man made global warming is bullshit.

your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
                      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• Jenks
                        I'm kind of a big deal.
                        • Jun 2004

do some more shrooms
                        This is the only good idea you've ever had.

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

I'm still waiting for you to have a good idea jenks..

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

go play in oncoming traffic blindfolded.

Comment

• day_for_night
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

Troll???

Wow...

Even you must realize how stupid of a statement that is. I won't continue this ridiculous argument with a ridiculous person.

What do you have to say about it?? Your the one calling people Trolls. Moron Idiot I can take but Troll that is a little to far.

trolling message boards = posting shit to get a response, ignoring all rational arguments and simply reiterating the same position over and over regardless of evidence to the contrary. you fit that description...

Comment

• DIDI
                                Aussie Pest
                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jenks
                                go play in oncoming traffic blindfolded.
                                Originally posted by TheVrk
                                it IS incredible isn't it??
                                STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                                Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                                The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...