• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shosh
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

al gore, tree huggers, and global warming bullshit believers

global warming my ass

Las Fuckin Vegas: 3-6 inches of snow (up to 10 in some areas), worst snow storm since 197fuckin9. Airport is closed, traffic is a mess/

rofl @ global warming

• AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: al gore, tree huggers, and global warming bullshit believers

I cant believe it, god damn city is covered in it. How the hell am I going to get to Paradise Cantina in this crap, would have to say even Planet Earth is happy George Bush is gone, it is snowing in Las Vegas.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• shosh
      Banned
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AntonyM
      I cant believe it, god damn city is covered in it. How the hell am I going to get to Paradise Cantina in this crap, would have to say even Planet Earth is happy George Bush is gone, it is snowing in Las Vegas.
      leave 3 hours early brah

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
        • Mar 2008

sweet... snow in vegas.

fuck, we are still getting butt pounded with huge amounts of rain here in socal... (dont think i can remember it as ongoing as this b4, but it's been non stop pooring for 3 days now)... so i can only image what all these winter storms will transform into -- along the jet stream.

FAO midwest and east coast: stay prepared for some wack winter weather.
        Last edited by i!!ustrious; December 18, 2008, 12:18:45 AM. Reason: x_X
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• alexfish333
          Gold Gabber
          • Jul 2004

Global warming means climate change-snow in vegas and loads of rain in socal doesn't exactly sound like business as usual
          Holosound@Vertigo in Costa Rica Streaming Video and Audio http://livestream.com/urbanettv/vide...8-c5911280cf91

Part of the weekend never dies...

Comment

• day_for_night
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by shosh

global warming my ass

Las Fuckin Vegas: 3-6 inches of snow (up to 10 in some areas), worst snow storm since 197fuckin9. Airport is closed, traffic is a mess/

rofl @ global warming

guess what, you don't know what you are talking about (a shocker!)...

the distinction is between global macro climate change and local micro climate variations, which are two completely different things. global warming refers to the former, while snow in vegas refers to the later.

you can still have strange cold snaps, and still have an overall warming trend.

do us a favour and actually educate yourself on the subject before you come on here and do a brain dump of whatever happens to be rolling through your head at any given moment. its getting a bit old...

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

^^^ Somehow I don't think that is going to happen!

He still thinks putting this up stops my word from appearing

Originally Posted by didi
              [comment censored due to poster originating from australia]
              Originally posted by TheVrk
              it IS incredible isn't it??
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• shosh
                Banned
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by alexfish333
                Global warming means climate change-snow in vegas and loads of rain in socal doesn't exactly sound like business as usual
                Originally posted by day_for_night
                guess what, you don't know what you are talking about (a shocker!)...

the distinction is between global macro climate change and local micro climate variations, which are two completely different things. global warming refers to the former, while snow in vegas refers to the later.

you can still have strange cold snaps, and still have an overall warming trend.

do us a favour and actually educate yourself on the subject before you come on here and do a brain dump of whatever happens to be rolling through your head at any given moment. its getting a bit old...
                no fuckin shit sherlocks?

lol @ education. go read some meteorology charts instead of eating gore's shit

show me where the temperatures have actually gone up in the last 10 years?

seems to me like temperatures are getting lower everywhere, not higher... and this has happened many many times through out earth's existence...

like i said: tree huggers and bullshit believers

Originally posted by DIDI
                ^^^ Somehow I don't think that is going to happen!

He still thinks putting this up stops my word from appearing
                whats the matter honey? ran out of tampons?

Comment

• day_for_night
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

no fuckin shit sherlocks?

lol @ education. go read some meteorology charts instead of eating gore's shit

show me where the temperatures have actually gone up in the last 10 years?

seems to me like temperatures are getting lower everywhere, not higher... and this has happened many many times through out earth's existence...

like i said: tree huggers and bullshit believers
                  i took 3 years of earth and atmospheric sciences at the undergrad and graduate level. i have a vague idea of what i'm talking about. but i'll be happy to dig up some 'charts' for you. i'll make sure they dont have any big words though, wouldn't want you getting confused.

ps. i've never even seen al gore's movie. wouldn't be anything new...

Comment

• AntonyM
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Oct 2004

I"ll puts some pics up tommorrow lived here since 94 have never seen anything this extreme, Time to snowboard Mt. Charleston.
                    Originally posted by Shpira
                    So came back last night...
                    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                    Originally posted by Illuminate
                    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Aleks_B
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Nov 2006

hahahah- those pics are gold, shosh!

btw, im not even going to go into it, but global warming is just a term. The carbon excess in our atmosphere will cause more than just warming for the northern hemisphere.... it will however cause more extreme weather, like, ahem, we have all been experiencing all over North America in the last 10 years especially. I can't speak for Europe or Asia.... i have even noticed a slight shift in the weather patterns in Toronto, Canada. It's way less consistent and more variable...
                      aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

• shosh
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night
                        i took 3 years of earth and atmospheric sciences at the undergrad and graduate level. i have a vague idea of what i'm talking about. but i'll be happy to dig up some 'charts' for you. i'll make sure they dont have any big words though, wouldn't want you getting confused.

ps. i've never even seen al gore's movie. wouldn't be anything new...
                        so why do the top scientists and meteorologists advocate against global warming and are pissed at how the kyoto treaty was signed?
                        wait you probably know more than them

Comment

• Dhar_2
                          meat and potatoes
                          • Jun 2004

fUCKING tREE hUGGERS!!!!!

Comment

• day_for_night
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

so why do the top scientists and meteorologists advocate against global warming and are pissed at how the kyoto treaty was signed?
                            wait you probably know more than them
                            christ, ok i've tried to avoid insulting you...but you really are dumb as a rock.

when you're losing an argument, do you always just make shit up? try making statements that are verifiable. most "top" meteorologists do believe global warming is occuring. and i am not getting that from some dream i had, i used to be taught by one of them, and he flat out told me this on several occasions. so unless you've got some proof (of which there is none) that most top meteorologists advocate against global warming, lets just say you made that up and move on. ohh, and for the record, there are a small population of the meteorological community who don't believe in global warming, and a few are even heavyweights in the field. there will always be some contrarian opinion to any scientific theory. but you should look at where alot of those scientists get their funding (hint: it ain't greenpeace. if you're thinking Exxon...then you might be closer to the truth. and i say that as someone who works for a big oil company).

now...on to proof. i don't have access to my school's science database at work, but if you've got the time, pull the papers by the guys listed at the bottom of this article:

A new interpretation for temperature data from satellites, published earlier this year, raised controversy when its authors claimed it eliminated doubt that, on average, the lower atmosphere is getting warmer as fast as the Earth's surface.

Now, in another study headed by the same researcher to be published Dec. 15 in the Journal of Climate, direct temperature data from other scientists has validated the satellite interpretation.
                            A team headed by Qiang Fu, a University of Washington atmospheric sciences associate professor, earlier examined measurements collected from January 1979 through December 2001 by devices called microwave-sounding units on National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration satellites. Different channels of the microwave-sounding units measure radiation at different frequencies, providing data for different layers of the atmosphere.
                            In the case of the troposphere, the layer from the surface to an altitude of about 7.5 miles, where most weather occurs, it was believed there had been less warming than what was recorded at the surface. However, Fu's team determined the satellite readings of the troposphere were imprecise because about one-fifth of the signal actually came from a higher atmosphere layer called the stratosphere, which for the last few decades has been cooling several times faster than the troposphere has been warming. The group devised a method to remove the stratosphere signal from the satellite data and was left with results that closely matched the warming at the surface. That work was published in May in the journal Nature.
                            However, critics contended the method overcompensated for the cooling effects of the stratosphere and thus overstated the amount of warming in the troposphere. The criticisms did not appear in peer-reviewed journals.
                            In the new study, Fu and Celeste Johanson, a UW atmospheric sciences graduate student, used direct stratosphere temperature measurements to examine the contamination from the stratosphere in the satellite channel that measures troposphere temperatures. They also used the same data to evaluate their method for removing the stratosphere contamination. The data they used came from scientists at NOAA and the Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research in England.
                            Using the direct stratosphere temperature trend profiles from 1979 through 2001, Fu's team found that the stratosphere contamination in the satellite channel measuring the troposphere amounted to about a minus one-tenth of a degree Celsius per decade. They used their new method to remove the contamination, leaving an influence from the stratosphere of less than one-hundredth of a degree on troposphere temperature trends. The results match closely with what would be expected from the Fu team's new interpretation of satellite data.
                            "These results are consistent with the results that the Nature paper gets," Fu said. "It is an independent check of the problem because we used completely independent data sets. The independent observations agree with our conclusions, and that's quite powerful evidence."
                            The Fu team's work indicates the troposphere has been warming at about two-tenths of a degree Celsius, or nearly one-third of a degree Fahrenheit, per decade. That closely resembles measurements of warming at the surface, something climate models have suggested would result if the warmer surface temperatures are the result of greenhouse gases.
                            The findings are important because, for years, satellite data inconsistent with warming at the surface have fueled the debate about whether climate change is actually occurring.
                            If contamination of troposphere signals by those from the stratosphere isn't taken into account for the last 25 years, Fu said, estimates of how much warming actually occurred in the troposphere during that time would be off by 40 percent to 70 percent.
                            ###

Fu's work is supported in part by the U.S. Department of Energy, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and NOAA.
                            For more information, contact Fu at 206-685-2070 or qfu@atmos.washington.edu
                            Reporters Note: Other experts willing to comment on this research include:
                            James Hansen, chief of NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies, 212-678-5500, James.E.Hansen@nasa.gov
                            Ben Santer, physicist with the Program for Climate Model Diagnosis and Intercomparison, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 925-423-3364, santer1@llnl.gov
                            Kevin E. Trenberth, Climate Analysis Section of the National Center for Atmospheric Research, 303-497-1318, trenbert@ucar.edu
                            John M. (Mike) Wallace, director of the Joint Institute for the Study of the Atmosphere and Ocean at the UW, 206-543- 7390, wallace@atmos.washington.edu

Comment

• day_for_night
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Jun 2004

ohh, and try and get any of Dr. Tim Barnett's papers (of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in La Jolla, California). He had a great one on ocean temps that i'm trying to track down.

hell, if anyone here is at a university and can access these articles without having to pay for them, would you mind posting a few?

Comment

Working...