• Jun 2004

Digweed in Fabric reviews please

Someone from here must've been there?
    Forward thinking house music
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Digweed in Fabric reviews please

He's probbaly only just finished playing his final record !
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• AndyH
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2005

really really really good.

Must....go.....sleep
      [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• Simon Preston
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

Personally I didn't think it was as good as the previous times I've seen him there. Maybe its cos his summer 2004 set just set a rediculously high bar. But he came on after Burridge and from what I could tell, just played pounding techno for 5 hours. Not his usual style of building it up and then letting the techno out in the last hour. Mixing was pretty much faultless, as you'd expect and he did have some amazing tunes going. I just wanted more build... and a bit more prog.

The Adam Beyer remix of GSXR10 on Fabrics soundsystem =
        http://soundcloud.com/simonpreston/simon-preston-summer-2011

Comment

• simonr
          Transitionator
          • Jun 2004

What time did JD play from and til ?

Did he play any of the Bedrock tracks that he didn't get to at Matter ?
          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Simon Preston
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

He played from 3am to 8:40. And no, he didn't finish what he started at Matter. I asked before the gig if he would and he said no... guess he wasn't lying.

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

Thanks Simon ... I don't feel as bad about not making it now (phew !).

Hopefully the Cream Courtyard will more than compensate my slack handidness in a weeks time !
              sigpicSimonR

Comment

• terrorbush
                Banned
                • Jun 2006

Comment

• simonr
                  Transitionator
                  • Jun 2004

Now that's what I mean by vor-tex !
                  sigpicSimonR

Comment

• funky_monkey
                    Addiction started
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Simon Preston
                    Personally I didn't think it was as good as the previous times I've seen him there. Maybe its cos his summer 2004 set just set a rediculously high bar. But he came on after Burridge and from what I could tell, just played pounding techno for 5 hours. Not his usual style of building it up and then letting the techno out in the last hour. Mixing was pretty much faultless, as you'd expect and he did have some amazing tunes going. I just wanted more build... and a bit more prog.

The Adam Beyer remix of GSXR10 on Fabrics soundsystem =
                    Personally I had a feeling he played a way housier set than usually in Fabric He was dropping alot of tribal sounding records in the first 60-90 min and although I agree that he started to go into bang-it-out mode pretty quickly, he did slow it down later on.

As always lots of evil basslines, stunning breakdowns, bit of classics here and there (man PQMs "You are sleeping" sounded awesome on this huge soundsystem ) The highlight for me was Rockets & Ponies - "Chinese Massage", pure naughtiness .
                    --The world is always three drinks behind--

Comment

• Simon Preston
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

Ok, to be honest I lost the use of my legs and was struggling with my bowels from about 3:30-6 so I was hearing it in and out from upstairs. Sounded pretty pounding.

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

Sounds like a side effect of the vortex !
                        sigpicSimonR

Comment

• Simon Preston
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                          Sounds like a side effect of the vortex !
                          More like working 60 hour weeks with one day off a week the last month. Wasn't at my best but I knew I wouldn't be anyway.

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

Sorry to hear that .. could be the fabric effect, for some reason I had a tricky tum there in '05 - fortunately it had cleared 6 trips later by the time Sasha came on. Maybe their tap water is funny or they don't clean glasses properly.

Have to say that fabric is well served and stocked up for emergencies compared to other clubs !

Hope you get better in time for Xmas.
                            sigpicSimonR

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Simon Preston
                              Ok, to be honest I lost the use of my legs and was struggling with my bowels from about 3:30-6 so I was hearing it in and out from upstairs. Sounded pretty pounding.
                              Bowel-vortex

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...