X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: VIDEO: Hernan @ HEAT. (socal)

Seems like they look after you pretty well in LA then Hypo ... never a dull moment !
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
      Seems like they look after you pretty well in LA then Hypo ... never a dull moment !

We had a real good year back in the golden age, I believe John spun here in LA 4 times. There was the year that The Man LIke had his Fundacion residency @ Avalon, so we saw him 3+ times. Hernan only plays here about once a year, same as Coxy.

Did you miss Diggers @ Fabric? You going to Newcastle on the 27th?

Comment

• simonr
        Transitionator
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
        Did you miss Diggers @ Fabric? You going to Newcastle on the 27th?
        Decided to miss fabric - travel costs too expensive and I'm not a great fan of Lee Burridge - with hindsight it wasn't a bad move from the reviews (I'd have been hoping for some of the tracks he didn't get a chance to play at Matter).

So its Digweed for 3 hours on Boxing Day @ Cream instead !

JD's on at a very sensible 1.00 til 4.00 slot and has Howells warming up for 3 hours beforehand. + Warren ends the night.

Going with Chunkey and Adzey ... plus there should be other [ms] members there too - even Dhar has threatened to make an appearance !
        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• hypoluxxa
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

Decided to miss fabric - travel costs too expensive and I'm not a great fan of Lee Burridge - with hindsight it wasn't a bad move from the reviews (I'd have been hoping for some of the tracks he didn't get a chance to play at Matter).

JD's on at a very sensible 1.00 til 4.00 slot and has Howells warming up for 3 hours beforehand. + Warren ends the night.

Going with Chunkey and Adzey ... plus there should be other [ms] members there too - even Dhar has threatened to make an appearance !
          Howells warming up, just like old Bedrock Thursdays @ Heaven.

Comment

• Haziel
            Likes a finger upthere
            • Jan 2007

Great video!

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Jeez !! That's where the Oz club scene breaks down, we would never get that lineup in a club. We can't afford to ship them all here
              Originally posted by TheVrk
              it IS incredible isn't it??
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• simonr
                Transitionator
                • Jun 2004

We get lucky occasionally !
                sigpicSimonR

Comment

• pr0ficient
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Apr 2006

nice video thrax! thanks for sharing it

Comment

• PROG
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
                    It gets too rammed at Vanguard. I'd rather go to Avalon, or Giant's original venue Circus. However the sound system is nice. Diggers played @ Vanguard this year too, actually... Sasha, Digweed, and Hernan all played there this year.
                    Avalon is the place i usually go if i decide to club. 3 rooms with different dj and they all play electronica! First time for me being at Vanguard and Hernan made me do it

Comment

• Haziel
                      Likes a finger upthere
                      • Jan 2007

2 things about Vanguard that i really like

1) The sound is excellent

2) The have a patio with a dj in the back where you can smoke and hang out for a bit before the headliner comes on.

Comment

• PROG
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Aug 2005

^ orly? honestly, i can't tell the difference at the clubs. @ home on headphones or speakers i can tell.

ahh the patio. i meet some dude there and for like 20 sec. and thought damn this dude is cool as fuck. ain't getting into details but it ended up with. "you the man!" no you the man!" not to mention the heat lamps!

definitely going back. theres some cool peeps there and of course i follow where the good dj's go. hope i aint the only one

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DIDI
                          Great tune, but you promised Hernan and all I got was some sexy dancing girl
                          Yes and what is wrong with that? Nice one. More of the sexy dancing girl please .. Yes and Vangaurd is a very nice club with a thunderous soundsystem

Comment

Working...