X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shiva
    MCast Mistress
    • Nov 2007

[Party Report]: Shiva @ Lipstick [Cube], Dec 19 2008, Jordan

It was my first Jordanian experience, and it was a sweet one and I would like to share it with you, but few things to know first:

Unlike Lebanon, the EDM industry in other parts of the Arab world is still at its infancy. Well yes, Tiesto is also famous in this part of the world but it becomes something else when we talk about progressive-house....nada! So my first Jordanian experience was also a test for me to see if their "EDM market" can accept proggy music, especially the dark one , which would open the way for a new market for me, new fans etc...

I played 2 gigs main set, one on the 18th in an Irish pub, and the second on the 19th in a "club" called "Cube" (capacity 250). Well, I wrote "club" coz thats not what I call a club, I mean in Lebanon when we say CLUB, we mean to start the party at 02:00am which can extend up to the whole weekend non-stop, ie (2-3 days) . And ususally when I start my live sets, it is almost all the time for afterhours and I don't start before 4-5am.
    In Jordan, clubbing = start at 10:00pm and finish no later than 02:00am . Can't blame them coz this is how it is in ALL the middle-east, except Lebanon (and probably Israel as well). Although my music is not for the late pm, I was happy to see that the audience responded very well and most of the attendees did discover and appreciated my dark sounds. The feedbacks are still pouring in on facebook, and it seems I will be playing there more often since the distance is not more than just 1 hour flight time.

I consider my "mission" successful since it was all about introducing dark proggy in a new market that is not used to it. My next gig in Jordan will surely be soon and bigger, that was just a test and a successful one. Here are some pix of the 19th @ Cube:

Getting to know some fans before the session:

Random pix taken during the session:

Working...