Ever bid stupid money for something on eBay because they just wanted it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Ever bid stupid money for something on eBay because they just wanted it?

Anyone ever bid stupid money for something on eBay because they just wanted it?
    I'm curious as to what people bid for, how much they bid and did they win.

I bid £100 for Dave Seaman's free mix CD The Silk Mix. I lost to someone who bid £250, so they had to pay £101. I then got a copy off Dave Seaman for free (had a spare lying around and got Ceris to post it to me.) Which I of course upload and posted here.

So what was it ? How much did you bid? And did you win?
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
  • hypoluxxa
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Ever bid stupid money for something on eBay because they just wanted it?

$ 2500.00 for a jacket.

Comment

• simonr
      Transitionator
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
      $ 2500.00 for a jacket.
      Pics or STFU !

What does the jacket do for 2.5k - ? Kevlar casing, a built in CDJ and sat nav so you find your way home ?
      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• KinKyJ
        Platinum Poser
        • Jun 2004

1.000 euro for a weight lifting bench. Won it, then sent a message saying that due to an accident I got my ass in a wheelchair. The sucker bought it.

Comment

• BSully828
          Platinum Poster
          • Jun 2004

$400 for AFC championship tickets - but it was worth it to watch Peyton get steamrolled in the Foxboro snow.
          Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
          a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Comment

• nsite
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

no.
            ...I love you when you're not masterminding my downfall

Comment

• simonr
              Transitionator
              • Jun 2004

I paid far too much for Mike Stern - Neesh

It was a limited release 1st recording before he got picked up by Atlantic Jazz and a very small CD re-release in Japan ... and is hardly a classic (he had a drug habit at the time).

Its currently $52 on amazon and made brief appearances on e-bay. I hardly play it, but it completes my collection and that makes me happy !
              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                • Jun 2004

how much did you pay?
                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• simonr
                  Transitionator
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                  how much did you pay?
                  Can't remember ... probably at least $75 ... couldn't risk not seeing it ever again !
                  sigpicSimonR

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

I've done the same thing a few times Si
                    back when I used to buy loads of records off of ebay I paid quite a bit for a few of them, but looking back, I'm glad I did.. but it's easy once you get into a bidding war, those last few minutes, seconds, lol

Comment

• DancingQueen
                      AVB FanClub | President
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
                      $ 2500.00 for a jacket.
                      For real?!
                      If so, that's insane!
                      sigpic
                      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
                        1.000 euro for a weight lifting bench. Won it, then sent a message saying that due to an accident I got my ass in a wheelchair. The sucker bought it.
                        I buy and sell a bit on Ebay, I doubt very much he bought it But what else could he do. You should hear some of the excuses you get. One of my best/worst was this woman's child had been horrendously injured in a show ground ride. Strange it didn't make the news? I just kept expressing sympathy.

It's amazing the number of people who buy something on Ebay then instantly get up from their computer and leave the country to go somewhere that has no internet access.

In answer to original question. I'm an real world auction goer so no!!. I snipe, and put in the maximum I am happy to pay. Usually get it way under. I love sniping!!
                        Originally posted by TheVrk
                        it IS incredible isn't it??
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• PROG
                          Gold Gabber
                          • Aug 2005

how about bid on something thats a mystery? pretty much an empty box! and you dont know what the seller is selling or going to put in it. i placed a bid and then thougth wtf am i doing. the suprise and suspence got to me at that time...lucky i didnt win but still curious of what would have gotten. one time i saw it go close to $500. this guy had good feedbacks though.

go ahead ebay it. mystery box

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                            Pics or STFU !

What does the jacket do for 2.5k - ? Kevlar casing, a built in CDJ and sat nav so you find your way home ?
                            I'm looking for the screenshot right now. It was a Bathing Ape Hoody.

Comment

• simonr
                              Transitionator
                              • Jun 2004

$2,500 for a hoody ... was it diamond encrusted !

And to think that I spent €250 on a Dolce & Gabanna tracksuit top in Milan and thought I was out of my mind.
                              sigpicSimonR

Comment

Working...