X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • themonk
    Getting Somewhere
    • Oct 2004

Rob Rives + Wavetec Rule!

I think rob Rives (aka Floppy Sounds, Phantom Power, etc) rules!!!

The guy is a serious production genius. This is what I mean by druggie dance music. His sounds are just dripping in liquid acid. Futuristic-pyschedelic, dark+brooding tech-house. His latest releases on Francois Kevorkian's new offshoot label wavetec are phenomenal. Music that is mature and sophisticated and infinitely and subtley layered, great to dance to, and headfuck sounds/loops/samplese literally falling out of the speakers from all over the stereo field. AMAZING!!

Any other Rob Rives/Floppy Sounds fans out there, or fans of this kind of futuristic tech-house?
  • djrichwoods
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Check the new mix on my site I did for Adam Freemer's Saturday Social show on Metromix Radio...

BTW, I know Rob... he's a nutter. Great guy... He used to engineer Danny Tenaglia's productions for a while back in the 90's... And, yes, his stuff is amazing. I also have a record of his on SAW on a mix I did that was a reproduction of my set @ Avalon NYC when I opened for Victor Dinaire.

Enjoy!!!

Comment

• deepntwisted
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

Re: Rob Rives + Wavetec Rule!

YEP ...agree Phantom Power 'Dollar a Dream' whilst being three years old now remains one of my all time top tech tunes. Deep hypnotic techness...

Comment

• themonk
        Getting Somewhere
        • Oct 2004

that's good to hear deepntwisted, as i just ordered it along with every other 12" by him available at Wave.

and rich, i'm listening to your mix now, and it's WICKED GOOD!

Comment

• djrichwoods
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Look for Rob's Remix of Marino Berardi "Expression in E Dub" from 2000...

Not sure if you'll be successful or not, the record is pretty rare and highly sought after...

Oh and...

Thanks!! Glad you like it.

Comment

• themonk
            Getting Somewhere
            • Oct 2004

yup, bought that one too. it's available on the wave music online store.

Comment

• djrichwoods
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by themonk
              yup, bought that one too. it's available on the wave music online store.
              Well there ya go.

Comment

Working...