• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thesightless
    Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
    • Jun 2004

douche of the week

cuz he has nothingbetter to do .

A number of atheists and non-religious organizations want Barack Obama's inauguration ceremony to leave out all references to God and religion.
    your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
    download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.
  • chloe harris
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: douche of the week

references to God during inauguration ceremonies violate the Constitution's ban on the establishment of religion.

^
    that is true though.

its all a bit misleading as 'god' is supposed to be whatever anyone believes in, but i think it is fair play if atheists don't want to hear stuff about 'god bless us' 'god this and god that'. george has been a profound leader in letting religious speak run in the government.

its the same for me.. i don't want to hear god bless me but im also not really offended if i do. its just water under the bridge.
    pillow humping rules.

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

i really dont follow religion, i was born catholic, but dont follow any tenants. i beleive in a god of sorts, and treating others as i want to be, and generally doing the right thing. beyond that, i think religion is a tool of control for the masses who cant think. but face facts here, this is a christian, centre right, nation. always was, always will be. our laws are based on judeo christian laws and ethics, and will continue to be. the OVERWHELMING majority of this coutnry wants it to be.

some twat with a dissential voice wants to play stick in the mud and piss off people. the separation of state and church doesnt have anything to do with this at all. its in place for the reason of keeping clergy out of legal reform and prosectution as was the case in england at the time of our founding. these people who wrote our founding ideals were religious, extremely at that, but they were different from the king of england and they wanted religious freedom, not freedom from religion.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

• chloe harris
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

i guess for me its separation of church and state. we are allowed that personal freedom and for people who aren't religious it gets really overboard with the 'in god we trust' etc.

i don't think he's a douche because he wants to change minds. people have to go to extremes for people to pay attention. you paid attention. had he not made a case then you probably wouldn't have heard about it.

just because the basis of our country is christian doesn't mean it won't change to something else if we allow it. change is good. something a lot of religious people are scared of.

did you hear about the bus ads in london that say 'there probably isn't a god'.
        pillow humping rules.

Comment

• Localizer
          Platinum Poster
          • Jul 2004

Well not necessarily. If an atheist were to become president, they don't have to say it. Only if they were forced to say it, would it then be established for a religion, and currently, there is no law that forces any president to say that, nor is it prescribed in the Constitution. All we know is that we've had god fearing presidents who say that.

What I don't agree on is the government sanctioning the ability of ministers to speak freely about religion and god. That I think can be questioned as unconstitutional.
          Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
          -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Localizer
            Platinum Poster
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chloe harris

did you hear about the bus ads in london that say 'there probably isn't a god'.
            ^ That's exactly what I want to say to religious folk. How's that phrase go? "Religion is the opiate of the masses." There's no other endorphin rush like religion; it makes all your pain go away.
            Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
            -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• chloe harris
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

my best endorphin rush/ orgasmic feeling i've ever had was when i got my septum pierced. it was incredible. best feeling ever.
              pillow humping rules.

Comment

• shosh
                Banned
                • Jun 2004

my best endorphin rush/ orgasmic feeling i've ever had was when i got my septum pierced. it was incredible. best feeling ever.
                wow, just wow

why doesnt this post surprise me

anyway, the kitchen is that way --------------->>>>

Comment

• chloe harris
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

uh huh and the slap to your face is coming when i see you.
                  pillow humping rules.

Comment

• superdave
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Obama is a religious, god-fearing man so let him say it what if he wants. It's not really harming anyone and it is his inauguration. And if an atheist didn't want to say it, I wouldn't have a problem either. I'll leave it up to the President. There are bigger problems to worry about.
                    Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• MJDub
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

It's his fucking inauguration. Pretty sure he could do a couple of rails of blow off a hooker's ass while he took the oath too, if he so desired.
                      http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Steve Graham
                        DJ Jelly
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MJDub
                        It's his fucking inauguration. Pretty sure he could do a couple of rails of blow off a hooker's ass while he took the oath too, if he so desired.
                        /thread

lmao

Comment

• toasty
                          Sir Toastiness
                          • Jun 2004

i don't think he's a douche because he wants to change minds. people have to go to extremes for people to pay attention. you paid attention. had he not made a case then you probably wouldn't have heard about it.
                          ^^This

Reminds me of the guy who brought that class action lawsuit years ago alleging that trans fats were the root of all evil. He was ridiculed and ultimately had his case thrown out of court, but you know what happened? McDonald's stopped using trans fats. Frito-Lay stopped using trans fats. Nabisco stopped using trans fats. Try to find a mass market food product nowadays that contains trans fats, it's actually pretty tough. I'd be willing to bet that that guy feels like it was worth the hassle.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Oct 2005

uh huh and the slap to your face is coming when i see you.
                            do it

Comment

• DancingQueen
                              AVB FanClub | President
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by shosh
                              wow, just wow

why doesnt this post surprise me

anyway, the kitchen is that way --------------->>>>
                              Seriously, get over yourself. I think you've made your point that you hate women that are smarter than you, so quit with the women bashing in every friggin thread already.
                              sigpic
                              RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                              RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

Working...