If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Err, I think Feather said that in the opening post. Who shuts themselves down.?? The majority of us have said we have the approach you suggest. It was never about which was better, vinyl/cd or technology, it was always about the skill set needed ! Some have more respect for the extra skills needed for vinyl/ cd mixing. I don't include myself in that because I don't have the knowledge to comment. I comment purely on the way I feel on the night.
Fine with that mate ,and I wasn't only refering to Feather
But I do think your statement on how dj's that are behind a laptop don't have a feeling for a crowd or the night is just not quite right.
I personally think that for many people specially you, "charisma" is a very important part in a dj's performance.
^^ On the first point , you should read my posts properly, you have made a massive and totally incorrect assumption about what I said. Totally out of context. My issue is with ALL djs that aren't "with" the crowd. My experience up to date has been that this happens more frequently with computer Djs. AS I said before this will undoubtedly get better as more Djs use and get used to computers.
Yes, you are right about some charisma, although that is probably too strong a word, being important for some of us IN A CLUB It's about he Dj being with us in enjoying the music, not just doing a job. It's part of the overall experience. It's a wonderful added extra. Worth nothing if the music doesn't work though.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
The worst thing about laptop Djing for me that the Dj's are totally involved with their little computer. It's a wonderful thing watching good Djs mix, the laptop thing removes them even further from us, even though the music will still be great.
Originally posted by DIDI
Djs I see with computers tend to be absorbed in the computer, and some to such an extent that their music is undanceable.
Most of us on this forum have discussions, it's not about trying to pick holes in other peoples posts, although we wouldn't be human if it didn't happen from time to time. We are serious about our music for the most part.
You taking my statements out of context does not alter either what I have said, or think.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
^^^ I'm done with this thread seriously... if pointing out contradiction means here taking out of context and picking holes on others people post, then i'm sure gone.
Good! No contradictions if you read ALL that I have said.
Originally posted by TheVrk
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
it IS incredible isn't it??
STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
Simply does not get any better than Hernan
It's like wanting a 76 corvette over a brand new one. Sure the newer one is faster, has cooler gadgets and is more driver friendly, but there's just something about the older car that makes you go mmmm.....
girl, you obviously know nothing about corvettes if you chose a 76!
Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.
"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment