• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shiva
    MCast Mistress
    • Nov 2007

[ms] member mix
    MCast Special (MercuryServer) - Jan 2009

MCast is dedicating a special showcase event to MercuryServer members who wish to display their talents:

http://mcast.mercuryserver.com

================================================== ==============

Jason Konturas
    MS Username: “Jay Fury”

His Bio:

Jason Konturas (Jay Fury) is often a name that comes to mind when you are talking about true pioneers of the progressive music scene in the New England. Since starting his actual DJ career in 1996 at the age of 19, he has spent countless hours maturing into the DJ/Producer he is today. His Seamless mixing abilities got him recognized early, and landed him his first residencies in popular local nightclubs. After some time, Jay started DJing at an AfterHours club, and quickly became the resident DJ. It was at this time that Jay widened his influences, and developed the unmatchable programming skills and his amazing ability to move a crowd- which he is still known for. Jay was voted “RI’s Best AfterHours DJ” in 2000, and quickly became a local legend throughout Hartford, CT and Providence, RI. Jay held that residency for 2 and a half years until the club finally shut down in 2003. Over the next few years things were ok, but the whole club scene was struggling to hang on due to strict State Laws, and an overall crackdown on the clubs (particularly house music venues). The whole progressive movement seemed to go back underground, and gigs became hard to come by. Refusing to conform to what club owners wanted to hear, Jay always kept true to his sound and influences including John digweed, Moshic, Yunus Guvenen and Gab oliver. Jay Still appears now and then as a guest DJ in clubs and Parties throughout the Northeast, US. Even though Jay is still actively putting out Mix CD’s, he is starting to concentrate on production. Currently in the Studio working on a new CD, Jay is trying to fine tune his Dark and Heavy Sound. The style of music Jay plays would be classified as Dark Progressive House with a Tribal Influence. Reigning from Rhode Island (USA), Jay fury hopes that 2009 will bring some global exposure to his already extensive resume.

http://mcast.mercuryserver.com

To subscribe to the MCast special event show please add this link to your podcast Software:

================================================== ==============

Maff Robinson
    MS Username: “Maff”

His Bio:
    Maff, Born in 1976 in a small town called Penrith (The Lake District) England.
    In he early 90’s he started listening to Dance Music. In 1992 he became inspired by the likes of Digweed & Sasha and in 1994 he started Djing and has never looked back! His musical tastes are Progressive House, Techno and Progressive Breaks.
    He plays in local bars and clubs he also dj’s at House Parties.
    Maff has been an active member of Mercury Server from the beginning and has had a few of his mixed hosted as specials.

His Tracklist:
    1. James Talk - Pass Me The Sun Lotion (Nick Fancuilli Mix)
    2. Riz MC - Radar (Loco Dice Remix)
    3. Rogue Element - Panic Attacks (King Rock Mix)
    4. Agoria - Dust Feat Scalde (Oxia Remix)
    5. Mandy & Booka Shade - Superman (Rmixes Pt 2)
    6. Tiefschwarz - Liquid Cherries (Original mix)
    7. Wally Lopez & David Ferrero - Ca Cest Paris (Pablo Mojo Remix)
    8. Harris Doman - Blown (Lexicon Avenue Mix)
    9. Sasha - Coma (Gabe & Dimitri Remix)

To subscribe to the MCast special event show please add this link to your podcast Software:

• Jay Fury
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: MCast Special (MercuryServer) - Jan 2009

Thanks Shiva! It was a pleasure doing this mix. I hope everyone enjoys my sound, and I look foward to Feedback.... I have to give a special thanks to fellow MS member "Zeroninteen" for helping with the production of this particular set. Keep it Underground!
    Mind and Body crave light, because we live in Darkness.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
      I got some N64 Games Yo!!
      • Mar 2008

oh yeeeahh. dling now
      (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Shiva
        MCast Mistress
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TomTom
        Sadly there was a problem when the postings for the member mixes were submitted so I had to take them down for now. Maybe Shiva can fix the problem over the day and if not, I will bring the mixes back this evening when I am back from work.
        ^ It seems there is a small issue with the text format in the system... I had tested it before publishing it and thought it was ok, and it turned out its not. I am working on it and the issue should be fixed within the next few hours.

In the meantime I would like to appologize to our guests and listeners for having caused incoveniences, if any.

Thank you Tom for noticing it and pointing it out...

Comment

• Shiva
          MCast Mistress
          • Nov 2007

The sets are back online as per normal.... Sorry for the interruption

CheerZ

Comment

• dvs
            Gold Gabber
            • Jun 2004

Yeah Jay!!!
            "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

"the progressive sound will not come back because it's already here; you just need to search for it." - Mo Shic

Comment

Working...