• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shiva
    MCast Mistress
    • Nov 2007

Re: Palestinian groups open a second front from Southern Lebanon

"THEY" are doing ALL there best to drag Lebanon into this damn war:

This morning "unknowns" fired like 7 rockets from Lebanese territory onto northern Israel, and the IDF responded equally to where those rockets where fired from.

Someone is insisting on lighting it up between the Hizballah and the IDF; What I am glad about is that everybody reads these events as putting a "trap" to Lebanon, a trap that the Lebanese are seeing and respond with 1 voice only: we do not want to take part in this conflict!

Comment

• Shiva
      MCast Mistress
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Shiva
      ...Lebanon has a VERY highly educated class in rate and in its population, it is part of the Lebanese society and culture: 1/3 of its inhabitants are students (even under war and bombardments). It is common for a Lebanese citizen to hold a dual university degrees from the best universities in the region (Mainly American and French universities). Most Lebanese master fluently at least 3 languages since their early age (French, English and Arabic---and recently the Armenian has been added as the 4th national language). Also, most Lebanese hold a second nationality or citizenship, most of them from the west (Europe/Canada/Australia/US), and this why you see many Lebanese with European-type of faces and life-styles...
      Lebanon is known to be a major player in commerce and trade since the early ages of the phoenicians, which invented the alphabet, ships for trade and navale routes etc etc... It is a historic fact that still exists very much nowadays. Besides, Lebanon is strategically located between 3 continents Asia/Africa/Europe, strategic route to trade. Lebanon is the only country that has WATER in the region, our water is like the Saudi oil and even more precious (which Israel is stealing btw).
      By its religious diversities, Lebanon is the only democracy in the Arab world that has a christian President of the Republic, the only place in the Arab world where you can live western-style, gamble, have fun and enjoy as if you were int any western country, even more!
      In just 40 minutes time you can move from the beach where you are swimming and get to the closest mountain top and start skiing!

Our younger educated generations are continuously fleeing the country looking for a better future in Europe/US or Canada...we are loosing all our brains and middle class somehow because of Israel and Syria, in fact the Lebanese living abroad are 12 million, while the ones living in Lebanon are barely 4 million!!!

If only Lebanon is left alone to prosper, it would eat for breakfast all the surrounding economies, I MEAN FOR BREAKFAST and I weight my words:
      Lebanon has just gone out from 30yrs of civil conflict, foreign conflicts on its lands, occupation, destruction, genocides...U NAME IT, and yet u should come take a peak of how the Lebanese have re-built their economy, cities, and infrastructures in just a few years, in practically no time. And hey, it is also very important to point out that Lebanon does not have any in industry, we do not produce anything, NOTHING! We just produce brains...
      All our economy is based on a strong financial system, we have more banks than groceries...Lebanon is a fiscal paradise, just like Monte Carlo.
      Lebanon has been rebuilding and doing all this within the chaos that its neighbors are inflicting on it...

The world propaganda always show the resistance side of Lebanon, the one of the hizballah etc etc...but this not ALL of Lebanon, it is a part of it only, the part that the media is interested in. Lebanon is much more than that, its a magical country...

In addition to what I have quoted above, check this out:

Jan 11, 2009, The New York Times

#1 place to go: BEIRUT
      #2: Washington D.C.
      #5: Las Vegas
      #7: Hawaii

I mean with all that has been going around for the last 4 years in Lebanon and the region, and still, Beirut remains one of the TOP places to be visited!!!!

Imagine what it would have been if Lebanon and the region were in total peace:
      A PARADISE!!!

I rest my case!

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

It would have been if this hadn't happened. Now I'm pretty sure it has gone down a few hundred notches.

Iran has just signed an oil deal with China. This should speed up the attack on Iran.
        Last edited by runningman; January 14, 2009, 07:01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...