X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chunky
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jan 2006

Personal Training

I'm down the GYM and this Personal Trainer asks me if I want a free 30 Min's personal training session. I think yeah why not. After the session he tries to get me to sign up for a course £1080 for 3 times a week for 12 weeks. Fuck me at that price I would want the body of a Premiership footballer. I would rather go down to BUPA and get liposuction. Just wondering has anyone ever used a Personal Trainer and was it worth the money.
    Originally posted by res0nat0r
    OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Re: Personal Training

^^^That's a pretty hefty fee!

I used to have one a few years back when I first signed up at a gym in Toronto. The membership came with 10 free sessions. I actually liked having a personal trainer. It helps you learn the best exercises/machines for your body type and goals to tone or lose weight. I also found it motivated me to go to the gym in between sessions because you didn't want to show up for your session without any improvements from the week before.

Once my sessions were done I was pretty good at going to the gym for a while, but eventually I stopped going and I just paid monthly to carry around a membership card, lol
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Dhar_2
      meat and potatoes
      • Jun 2004

yikes!

any good gym will offer advice, a training program and regular evalutions. theres hardly any need for a PT unless you are a fat, lazy, lump of lard!

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
        • Mar 2008

^ or if your a dhar and no matter how hard you work out, you'd prob still be doing it wrong!

a PT is good regardless, if you would like a safe, proper and thorough boost to get in shape, or back into it.

but if you've been in sports (at least thru high school) or got a serious circuit regime, and have come to know the subtle techniques of a optimal workout, then a PT might be a waste of money. imho.

edit:
        one fundamental lifting technique i always use is: slow, steady, rhythmic motions with deep inhale on lift, and vigorous exhalation with pursed lips on release. it really helps me out a lot.
        Last edited by i!!ustrious; January 8, 2009, 06:37:22 PM.
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• feather
          Shanghai ooompa loompa
          • Jul 2004

Whatever your run of the mill PT can help you with, you can pretty much read and learn on your own. Unless your PT is really really amazing at what he does, and has some kinda proven record. It's not like accounting or architecture where professionals have to adhere to some standards before they practise, with a PT it's kinda grey.

Depending on your goals, and your experience with gym or any form of exercise regime, a change in diet and any exercise could well kick start the transformation. Most folks tend to overlook diet assuming the exercise does it all, when the exercise really stimulates while the diet feeds whatever you want your body to become.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
            Platinum Poster
            • Feb 2006

^^^ Totally agree

Comment

• i!!ustrious
              • Mar 2008

true that. diet is everything, supplements are really over rated. good balanced meals, and a few some amino acid capsules for muscle rebuild is all i use.

however maltodextrin(good mass carbs) and some glutamine peptides can really come in clutch. i guess u could dabble with some kre-akyln and maybe even some 1-ad bidness if u really want to rage

i wouldn't advise pro hormones with estrogen blockers, or steroids tho. bitch tits rule!
              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• lilsensa
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Muscle Milk!!!!
                RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                  • Mar 2008

power barrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!!!
                  (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• AndyH
                    Platinum Poster
                    • May 2005

Prootteeiiiinnn!!!
                    [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

Not now chief ... I'm in the zone.
                      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Digger
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by chunky
                        I'm down the GYM and this Personal Trainer asks me if I want a free 30 Min's personal training session. I think yeah why not. After the session he tries to get me to sign up for a course £1080 for 3 times a week for 12 weeks. Fuck me at that price I would want the body of a Premiership footballer. I would rather go down to BUPA and get liposuction. Just wondering has anyone ever used a Personal Trainer and was it worth the money.
                        is she hot?
                        https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
                        All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• simonr
                          Transitionator
                          • Jun 2004

Back on point - I always found that if, you get a few of you on the protein shakes, then you bench press far more thn you thought was possible because of peer pressure/encouragement.

Muscle Milk !!!!!!
                          sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• feather
                            Shanghai ooompa loompa
                            • Jul 2004

Muscle Milk is quite yummy actually. I keep that in the fridge for those recovery times when I can't stomach any food after a big messy night

Re. supplementation, I do think whey protein is pretty much standard. The contention is that you should be able to get all your protein intake from whole foods, and whey comes in when you're already eating your maximal amount of whole foods, but for the immediate post workout, whey does what it needs to do: Fill you up with the amino acids for your body to begin recovery immediate, and you recover a lot faster and better. I'm working out without whey at the moment and recovery can be a bitch sometimes.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• mnbvcxz
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Feb 2006

Whey protein and creatine. Done deal.

Comment

Working...