• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: beatport should hire me to....

Originally posted by Erik Mitchell
    I actually asked the guys at Beatport about this a while back and they told me "Genres have different meanings in different countries so we do our best."

I gave them a blank WTF? stare afterwards...
    ..And different meanings from one person to the next. When I categorize my tunes for use on Serato, the genre I choose to put them in depends on the sounds I hear in the tune...Generally, songs with pads in them that are on the housey side, get put into deep house...
    It all has to do with what elements the tune has in it...Generally, progressive house tunes have a "story" in them. Classic short build up, plateau, then a bigger build up, and sometimes another final build up into the breakdown. So, for me, it depends on the elements and structure of a song.
    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• thesightless
      Someone will marry me. Hell Yeah!
      • Jun 2004

Re: beatport should hire me to....

Originally posted by feather
      Don't you guys usually go by labels and producers? .

not at all. well sort of. i have "my labels and artists" on lockdown, the first thing i check is who is releasing things of late.

but then i literally go through the deep house, house, breaks and prog sections tune by tune. i have found some shit in there not many woulda heard of. christ i played pground hoes the night it came out simply cuz i was sitting at my comp getting ready to play and figured i'd check bport out. it was like the 4th title down on the deep house page.
      your life is an occasion, rise to it.

Join My Chant. new mix. april 09. dirty fuck house.
      download that. deep shit listed there

my dick is its own superhero.

Comment

Working...