X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pr0ficient
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Apr 2006

Downloaded Faulty Beatport Track - opinions wanted

I downloaded this sweet house tune 'Atnarko - Thinkin Bout You (Milton Jackson Remix)' off of Beatport a couple days ago and there appears to be a faulty skip at 1:33 into it. It sounds like it was mastered or uploaded incorrectly. I've tried re-downloading it but it doesn't make any difference. This is really annoying b/c I love this tune and had planned on using it in an upcoming set.

I took a 9 second sample of the track showcasing this 'skip' sound (you'll hear at 7 seconds in) which you can download from this link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ELOYY19X (only 1.5 mb)

Am I hearing things or is this a faulty track? You'd think that Atnarko and Milton Jackson would have the resources to efficiently master their tracks (if that IS the problem with it).

Has anyone experienced this with beatport or any other music downloading site? I can probably automate the volume of the track in ableton to make it sound a 'little' better but right now this track is pretty much useless. I've contacted Beatport but no response yet, if they can't fix it do you think this merits a refund? I've purchased hundreds and hundreds of tracks from Beatport over the years and have never had this happen before.

Any opinions would be appreciated...
  • pr0ficient
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Apr 2006

Re: Downloaded Faulty Beatport Track - opinions wanted

I just previewed this track on djdownload using their 'needle drop' preview feature and also found this same sound to be present at 1:33 in.

hmmm, what to do....

I guess I'll start by e-mailing Atnarko and Milton Jackson on their myspace, maybe I'll get a response

Comment

• tiddles
      Encryption, Jr.
      • Jun 2004

i can hear it even on my laptop speakers, sounds like a skip to me

Comment

• dj_macgyver
        Addiction started
        • Oct 2005

i once downloaded a track off another site (can't remember which, i just remember it wasn't beatport) that was clearly missing the end (i.e. the track stopped abruptly right in the midlle). re-downloaded it, to no avail. i contacted the shop, they told me they contacted the artist about it, and gave me a refund. i never heard again from the shop, unfortunately - but later i found that track on beatport and bought it there, error-free.
        Click here to get my latest mix "MacGyver's way - Volume 1"! Do it. Do it!

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

point it out to beatport and i'm sure they'll go to the source and ask for a clean copy... they will also probably refund your money if they can't get you a clean copy. that has happened to me before and they fixed the problem.
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

definitely defective mate, hope you get it sorted though, sounds like a dope track

Atnarko was just here in tampa, he is from Orlando, I will email him and see what he says

Comment

• pr0ficient
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Apr 2006

thanks everyone else for confirming this problem as well.

Originally posted by Steve Graham
              Atnarko was just here in tampa, he is from Orlando, I will email him and see what he says
              Thanks bro, I'd appreciate it.

I just got done sending him and Milton Jackson a myspace message as well. I'm also going to try and send this label (Open Bar Music) a message as soon as I figure out their contact info!

Comment

• Dhar_2
                meat and potatoes
                • Jun 2004

sue!

Comment

• Steve Graham
                  DJ Jelly
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by pr0ficient
                  thanks everyone else for confirming this problem as well.

Thanks bro, I'd appreciate it.

I just got done sending him and Milton Jackson a myspace message as well. I'm also going to try and send this label (Open Bar Music) a message as soon as I figure out their contact info!

no worries mate, got a phone call into him, I will let you know as soon as i hear back

Comment

• Jenks
                    I'm kind of a big deal.
                    • Jun 2004

if i bought a bad steak from the butcher i wouldn't go to the fruit stand to find out how to replace it.

beatport customer service or their forums are pretty good.

Comment

• pr0ficient
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                      no worries mate, got a phone call into him, I will let you know as soon as i hear back
                      Greatly appreciated Steve! Looking forward to hearing a response! Hopefully I can return the favor some time!

I also just got an e-mail back from Beatport. They apologized & refunded me the cost of the track and said they will contact the label to try and obtain a corrected version. They also said that when/if a corrected version is obtained I will be able to download it free of charge!

Pretty solid customer service from Beatport so far

Comment

• Jenks
                        I'm kind of a big deal.
                        • Jun 2004

^i think they have solid CS too. they gave me a $5 credit once for my troubles.

Comment

• pr0ficient
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Jenks
                          if i bought a bad steak from the butcher i wouldn't go to the fruit stand to find out how to replace it.
                          True, except I read the following on the Beatport contact FAQ page which made me skeptical before receiving a response from them today:

We do not normalize, re-master or engineer our files in any way. The music available on our site is a true reflection of the received WAV file straight from the label. As the standards of quality differ for all labels, so will the music they produce. Releases available from mainstream artists are expected to be mastered professionally simply because they are likely to have the resources to do so. However as we continue to proudly support the music of independent artists/labels, this may not be certain. Not all masters are necessarily a fair assessment of our artists' standards, but rather the resources available in producing them.
                          ...basically saying that any of the track errors are not their fault and they should not be held responsible...and instead responsibility lies with the artists. Additionally, I found out that it was a wide spread problem b/c djdownload's version of this song featured the same skip.

but besides that, I'm sure Atnarko and Milton Jackson don't want one of their tracks to contain this error in the first place...since it essentially makes the track useless!

So imo It doesn't hurt, and will probably speed up the process, by contacting the artists ourselves

However, after saying all of that, Beatport DID take responsibility for this issue and will hopefully get it corrected.
                          Last edited by pr0ficient; January 16, 2009, 10:36:46 PM.

Comment

• BureOne
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

ehh say what?.. maybe be the way it was produces and sent to beatport, so goo thing e-maileing the main vatos...

but beatport hooks you up.. last time I downloaded a track taht was not complete.. they fixed it up and placed it back on my donwload section.. grabbed it fine and complete, no problem.!!

Comment

• pr0ficient
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Apr 2006

Go figure! I just found another track that I purchased earlier this month with a skip in it. Different artist/label obviously...

getting sick of this!

Comment

Working...