X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dzone
    Platinum Poster
    • Jul 2004

Tall Paul

Went out 2nite to have couple of drinks in this club/bar and i found him playing there...and he wasnt bad, nothing outstanding but better than what i expected from him.
    ^^What dosen't Kill you make you stronger ^^
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Re: Tall Paul

I haven't heard anything about him in years!
    I use to love Tall Paul back in the day. I have a set of his from back in 2004 that I use to listen to all the time, was one of my favourites.
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• coleby761
      Are you Kidding me??
      • May 2008

Originally posted by DancingQueen
      I haven't heard anything about him in years!
      I use to love Tall Paul back in the day. I have a set of his from back in 2004 that I use to listen to all the time, was one of my favourites.
      Yeah I have his 99 +04 EM's and a couple of his live cd's from the old monshine label. He's got mixes up on his website still. Still a guilty pleasure sometimes.

Comment

• Weizy
        MCast Resident DJ
        • Jun 2004

It is a bit of a guilty pleasure coleby. totally agree! pure cheese at it's finest

I just dug through some old discs and I can't find the "old gallery" mix that I heard like in 1997. Before Tall Paul did a comp for the Ministry of Sound entitled Headliners 01: Live at the Gallery...he mixed a comp that was a 3xcd that if I remember correctly also included Sister Bliss. Any damn ways Tall Paul mixed his part live and it opens with this great scratching section. To make a long story longer I can't find anything on this anywhere on the web

Comment

• hashhead
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

housewives choice

Comment

• coleby761
            Are you Kidding me??
            • May 2008

Originally posted by hashhead
            housewives choice
            C'mon Hash you gotta have some cheese somewhere on that HD of your's.

Comment

• chunky
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jan 2006

I saw him a few times when he was more popular 97/98. He did a 4 hour set at The Gallery in 1998 which was brilliant. He play House then a bit of Trance and really banged it out at the end. I don't think there's anything wrong with what he plays, Its just not what I listen to. Like Dzone I would be able to go out and have a good night.
              Originally posted by res0nat0r
              OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• Adzey
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Mar 2008

mid to late 90's he was good and compared to Jeremy Healy he wasnt too bad, then again though i was a spotty 18year old back then oioiiiii ;-)

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• GregWhelan
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

A UK legend IMO. I remember back in 1998 when the DJ mag poll actually meant something - he came in the top 10 for a few years if I remember correctly?

I always wondered how he dropped off the face of the DJ map really? You just didn't hear his name about anymore.

Last I heard he played in a VERY small town near me (Dunstable if anyone knows it) on a recent New Years Eve - shows how far he has fallen....

Comment

• TheMightyGreg
                    Editor Shmeditor
                    • Nov 2006

He headlined the Bar at Ministry of Sound on New Years Eve, so not sure he's really fallen that far.
                    Catch my bi-monthly show on UB Radio

http://www.ubradio.net/djs/greg-sawyer-99?sort=7

Comment

• chunky
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jan 2006

^ he probably travels and earns a lot more than most of us on this board. Lucky bastard
                      Originally posted by res0nat0r
                      OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• simonr
                        Transitionator
                        • Jun 2004

Is he still involved with sasha ?

Saw him at Cream 1997 - the bill that night was Sasha Digweed Oakenfold Warren and Tall Paul !
                        sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• spyros
                          Gold Gabber
                          • May 2007

his E.M with Armin V. Buuren in '04 was great! i still listen to it sometimes!
                          Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks

"Winston Churchill"

Comment

• DancingQueen
                            AVB FanClub | President
                            • Oct 2005

^^^ That's the one I was talking about....one of my favourite's!
                            sigpic
                            RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                            RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• coleby761
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • May 2008

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                              A UK legend IMO. I remember back in 1998 when the DJ mag poll actually meant something - he came in the top 10 for a few years if I remember correctly?

I always wondered how he dropped off the face of the DJ map really? You just didn't hear his name about anymore.

Last I heard he played in a VERY small town near me (Dunstable if anyone knows it) on a recent New Years Eve - shows how far he has fallen....
                              I think on his 99 em Tong was saying he was voted DJ of the year. Might have been MixMag though.

Comment

Working...