• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyH
    Platinum Poster
    • May 2005

Re: Im actually doing it..

Originally posted by Localizer
    Anyway, good luck. My poison are the markets. Just remember, it's not gambling if you win 100% of the time.
    Thats what im looking to get into eventually. I traded forex on a small scale for a while and once I have got some wedge through poker behind me thats what I wil llook to do next. Much more of a passive income than staring at multiple tables for hours a day (assuming not day trading of course)..

What do you trade and on what sort of time scales out of interest?
    [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• AndyH
      Platinum Poster
      • May 2005

Originally posted by simonr
      I'm actually considering a few weeks in the far east later in 2009 if I've got the dosh and if Diggers does his usual end of year tour. With the £ being shite it makes sense to cast my partying net further afield .. so I may look you up !
      Please do mate ur more than welcome.

Im pretty pissed off about missing Matter though esp as I have just seen that it is Digweed all night again and I prob wont be able to pay for a return ticket that soon . October hopefully though..

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

All the best dude. Why Thailand?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Localizer
          Platinum Poster
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by AndyH
          Thats what im looking to get into eventually. I traded forex on a small scale for a while and once I have got some wedge through poker behind me thats what I wil llook to do next. Much more of a passive income than staring at multiple tables for hours a day (assuming not day trading of course)..

What do you trade and on what sort of time scales out of interest?
          Right on. I don't do options trading or commodities or even forex. Just straight up stock trading. However, thinkorswim.com offers you the ability to play with paper money so you can practice trading. I use TDA and they just bought out thinkorswim.com. Once I have enough cash to do margins, I'll start working my way into commodities and options.

Anyway, I pretty much trade whatever I can on the major indices and depending on the markets, I might do day trading or swing trading. It kind of sucks because it takes 3 business day for any funds to settle into tradeable funds. But I spend about 1-2 hours each night before going to bed just doing technical analysis on stocks and studying the top gainers/losers/high volume movers of the day. I have two accounts: one roth ira, and one regular account to make extra money on the side.

My Roth IRA has a lot more money from gains in it because I opened it up early last summer, so I can cycle my trades throughout the week. My other account though is taking $500 I put in, and trying to turn into something big. So far so good in that account, although with such a small amount i'm pretty much rigid in trading, so it's a slower process in trying to get nice gains, especially when TDA is $10/trade. I'm pretty much confined to making the big gains on penny stocks.

If you want to find out some more msg me, and I'll link you to a cool forum that'll get you moving.
          Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
          -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Aleks_B
            Gold Gabber
            • Nov 2006

best of luck AndyH.

i know a couple of guys that make a decent living from pro poker tourneys. It can be done!!!
            aleks_b - re_azure | my_space

Comment

• DIDI
              Aussie Pest
              • Nov 2004

Good for you !! You have picked a good time! People gamble more in economic hard times .
              Originally posted by TheVrk
              it IS incredible isn't it??
              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• day_for_night
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

andy, life is too short not to follow your dreams. don't live a life you aren't happy with, and no regrets about making a decision you think will make you happy.

all the best bro.

Comment

• Digger
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Nov 2004

where you play online poker? hope to see you in ESPN :P
                  https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
                  All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                    meat and potatoes
                    • Jun 2004

Good Luck!

hopefully we will still see u on the board!

let us know how it goes!

Comment

• AndyH
                      Platinum Poster
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by feather
                      All the best dude. Why Thailand?
                      Thanks mate. Sun, sand, sea, amazing food, hot chicks, ridiculously cheap, been there before so know what to expect, loads of other poker players doing the same as me, can prob go on... Buenos Aires was in serious consideration but im slowly retiring from clubbing and everything that goes with it and so figured prob wasnt such a good idea to go ther..! lol. Thai food is a big factor as well.. I will def visit Buenos Aires at some point in the next few years though, maybe go there ater Thailand for a few months..

Comment

• AndyH
                        Platinum Poster
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by Localizer
                        Right on. I don't do options trading or commodities or even forex. Just straight up stock trading. However, thinkorswim.com offers you the ability to play with paper money so you can practice trading. I use TDA and they just bought out thinkorswim.com. Once I have enough cash to do margins, I'll start working my way into commodities and options.

Anyway, I pretty much trade whatever I can on the major indices and depending on the markets, I might do day trading or swing trading. It kind of sucks because it takes 3 business day for any funds to settle into tradeable funds. But I spend about 1-2 hours each night before going to bed just doing technical analysis on stocks and studying the top gainers/losers/high volume movers of the day. I have two accounts: one roth ira, and one regular account to make extra money on the side.

My Roth IRA has a lot more money from gains in it because I opened it up early last summer, so I can cycle my trades throughout the week. My other account though is taking $500 I put in, and trying to turn into something big. So far so good in that account, although with such a small amount i'm pretty much rigid in trading, so it's a slower process in trying to get nice gains, especially when TDA is $10/trade. I'm pretty much confined to making the big gains on penny stocks.

If you want to find out some more msg me, and I'll link you to a cool forum that'll get you moving.
                        Sweet, cheers dude. Are u referring to trade2win.com by any chance? Thats the best site I found when I was trading before..

Comment

• AndyH
                          Platinum Poster
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by Digger
                          where you play online poker? hope to see you in ESPN :P
                          I play on Poker Stars and Full Tilt, strictly cash games.. If I make it to ESPN then I expect a free MS T shirt to be shipped and ill wear it for some TV Exposure for the MS crew!!

Comment

• AndyH
                            Platinum Poster
                            • May 2005

Originally posted by Dhar_2

hopefully we will still see u on the board!

Always

Comment

• Dhar_2
                              meat and potatoes
                              • Jun 2004

and remember!

if it looks like a girl, and talks like a girl!

it might not be a girl!!!

Comment

• Localizer
                                Platinum Poster
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by AndyH
                                Sweet, cheers dude. Are u referring to trade2win.com by any chance? Thats the best site I found when I was trading before..
                                hotstockmarket.
                                Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                                -Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...