X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twilo
    Fresh Peossy
    • May 2006

DJing Sennheiser HD25s

Hi , there are lots of different model of hd 25s ( SENNHEISER HD-25 C II , SENNHEISER HD-25-1 II , SENNHEISER HD-25 II ,SENNHEISER HD-25-13- II ) . what are difference between them and which one do you recommend ? Thanks
  • pr0ficient
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Apr 2006

Re: Sennheiser HD25s

I had the same question a while back before I purchased my HD-25-1's

You can thank 'Tw1st3d' for the following answer:

Originally posted by Tw1st3d
    [Specs and Facts]

The 3 versions of the Sennheiser HD 25
    • HD 25-1: This is the most commonly available version and generally just known as “HD 25”.
    • HD 25 silver: According to the manual the HD 25 silver is the same as the HD 25-1 only with a different look
    • HD 25-13: The HD 25-13 has an impedance of 600 Ohm and is designed for studio appliances. It comes with an OFC-cable and a 6.3mm headphone plug.

The HD 25-1
    • Type: Supraaural. This means that the ear cups are resting on your ears instead of enfolding them like circumaural headphones do.
    • Impedance: 70 Ohm
    • Weight without cable: 140g
    • Headphone plug: 3.5mm (a 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter should be included)
    • Cable: 1.5m, one-sided, detachable and thus replaceable. The cable is attached to the right ear cup instead of the usual left ear cup.
    • Sensitivity / Max SPL: 120 dB / 146 dB
    Note that these are high values for sensitivity meaning that you won’t need a dedicated headphone amp to drive this pair of headphones to extremely high volumes by using your portable player’s headphone out.

According to Sennheiser the HD 25-1 was designed for professional monitoring and DJ-ing because of its rotatable ear capsule for one-ear listening.

The HD 25 SP
    • HD 25 SP: The HD 25 SP is a cheaper and inferior model to the HD 25. The cable on the HD 25-1 is one-sided whereas the cable on the HD 25 SP is two-sided. Moreover, the headband on the HD 25-1 can be split in the middle.

Hope this answered our question.
    Cheers, mate.

Comment

• Twilo
      Fresh Peossy
      • May 2006

Re: Sennheiser HD25s

thx for the info

Comment

Working...