Sweet T-Mobile Ad, a la Improv Everywhere.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • i!!ustrious
    I got some N64 Games Yo!!
    • Mar 2008

Sweet T-Mobile Ad, a la Improv Everywhere.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUZrrbgCdYc[/youtube]
    (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sweet T-Mobile Ad, a la improv Everywhere.

This is awesome! Love Improv Everywhere!

Comment

• i!!ustrious
      I got some N64 Games Yo!!
      • Mar 2008

yup, that must have been one killer time alright!

job well done Saatchi & Saatchi.

Saatchi & Saatchi injected a burst of high-energy entertainment into the daily commute at Liverpool Street Station yesterday morning as 350 dancers broke into a spontaneous routine to launch T-Mobile’s ‘Life’s for Sharing’ campaign.

Saatchi & Saatchi planted hundreds of dancers and ten hidden cameras throughout the station’s rush hour crowds to film the dance spectacular that will premiere tonight on Channel 4 at 9.10pm as an exclusive three minute solo spot during Celebrity Big Brother.

In a style reminiscent of ‘flash mob’ events, music pumped through the loudspeakers at Liverpool Street Station as a single commuter began to dance. As the music changed, the dancing quickly spread through the morning travellers until hundreds of people were seen moving in unison. Then, as quickly as it began, the performance ended and the dancers dispersed into the crowd. The event, choreographed by one of Britain’s leading choreographers, Ashley Wallen, left commuters stunned, surprised and delighted.

Saatchi & Saatchi Creative Partner Paul Silburn said: “The idea was to create a feeling of spontaneity – an event so memorable that people can’t help but join in and share it.”

Saatchi & Saatchi Creative Partner Kate Stanners said: “Across the whole campaign we’ve looked for ways to really engage with people through the notion of ‘Life’s for Sharing’. We hope that ‘Dance’ will connect with people in a bold and dynamic way, inspiring them to create and share their own memorable moments.”

A massive endeavour, the entire ‘Dance’ spot will have been staged, shot, edited and broadcast for the next day. The event follows months of preparation including auditioning T-Mobile staff to join the dance corps, secret midnight rehearsals in freezing conditions, numerous meetings with Network Rail and negotiating the rights for eight classic music tracks.

Richard Huntington, Director of Strategy at Saatchi & Saatchi said: “This is the first outing for our new T-Mobile organising idea, Life’s for Sharing. Bringing this to life with an unconventional advertising idea we wanted to create an event that people would want to take part in and then share with each other.”

T-Mobile UK, Head of Brand Communications, Lysa Hardy, said: “Our new brand position ‘Life’s for Sharing’ is an exciting move for T-Mobile and ‘Dance’ captures this perfectly.”

Footage from the event will be used across online, direct and retail channels. T-Mobile has also created a YouTube channel (www.youtube.co.uk/lifesforsharing) where people can upload videos, and see humorous clips featuring celebrities being taught how to do the T-Mobile dance by leading dancer and choreographer, Briony Albert.

The fully integrated campaign also includes digital outdoor and print (from 29 January), online (19 January) and radio (1 February). “Life’s for Sharing” will run across interactive TV (26 January) and air in cinemas from 16 February.

Media is planned and bought through MediaCom.
      (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• coliver1980
        Platinum Poster
        • Aug 2008

Some advert that. Seen it the other night, brilliant!!

Comment

• Dhar_2
          meat and potatoes
          • Jun 2004

Re: Sweet T-Mobile Ad, a la Improv Everywhere.

rather cool!

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Really? I thought it's lame. Flash mobs are so 2004.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Dhar_2
              meat and potatoes
              • Jun 2004

^ the advert!

however i dont thin i've ever seen liverpool st that empty.

Comment

• feather
                Shanghai ooompa loompa
                • Jul 2004

Err yeah I meant I thought the TVC is lame.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...