X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NewYorkLA
    Fresh Peossy
    • Oct 2008

Our New President

I'm pretty excited to see how Obama will go about making all the changes he has been talking about. I believe that he will do everything within his power to lift our economy up and bring our troops home... he has made that a priority.

What is your take on Obama....
  • Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: Our New President

politics thread?

Comment

• |Thrax|
      Platinum Poster
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by NewYorkLA
      I'm pretty excited to see how Obama will go about making all the changes he has been talking about. I believe that he will do everything within his power to lift our economy up and bring our troops home... he has made that a priority.

Hi, i'm right next to you in Sherman Oaks.

Fair to good, ive commented on this in the politics forum.

cha check it.
      This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
      Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

Obama will drive you to Hyperinflation and collapse your dollar

but enjoy your honeymoon USA at least Bush is gone!!!!

Comment

• Miroslav
          WHOA I can change this!1!
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by runningman
          and who won't? The economic situation is so dire that the results here will be crap for years, no matter who you put in office.

I think it's just too early to tell about Obama. He will hopefully do everything he can to prop up the economy, but the inconvenient truth may be that there is nothing the government can do to quickly improve our situation.
          mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Localizer
            Platinum Poster
            • Jul 2004

You know what I find scary? The fact that 10 dems ok'd Geithner's appointment with very few republicans opposing. This pisses me right off because if any of us were to owe on our taxes over the period of several years, we'd be having police officers coming into our houses.

I mean this is a guy who's being seated as our Sec of Treasury?
            Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
            -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Localizer
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2004

but enjoy your honeymoon USA at least Bush is gone!!!!
              We'll see what happens.
              Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
              -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• runningman
                Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                • Jun 2004

the collapse of the dollar will be a bigger catastrophe then what is happening with the housing collapse. Soon the government won't be able to do anything about the economic situation. The failure of government promises will be the last thing to go as well as the hope that Obama brought. I wish it was easier but reality tells me otherwise.

Comment

• Miroslav
                  WHOA I can change this!1!
                  • Apr 2006

the collapse of the dollar will be a bigger catastrophe then what is happening with the housing collapse. Soon the government won't be able to do anything about the economic situation. The failure of government promises will be the last thing to go as well as the hope that Obama brought. I wish it was easier but reality tells me otherwise.
                  so would you recommend we kill ourselves now, or wait until later?
                  mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• runningman
                    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                    • Jun 2004

don't be melodramatic. Your nation is just going to be poor that is all.

Comment

• cosmo
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by NewYorkLA

Have you taken a look at the 'stimulus' bill? It's not stimulus; it's pork. The money is going to liberal constituencies in order to strengthen their base and to make government bigger and stronger. Not to make the economy stronger. Instead of lowering taxes and putting money in the pockets of entrepreneurs and small business, it's going into the vast troughs of new FDR type policies.

One of his first moves was to lift the ban on federal funded abortions. A disgrace.

And does this sound like change?:

The Chicago Way Comes to DC [David Freddoso]

Barack Obama has said he wants to delay the long-awaited switch to digital television, and he is likely to get his way. There were a great many reasons to oppose the transition to begin with, but why slow things down now that it is underway?

Here's why: the change would benefit one particular corporation at the expense of its competitors. The beneficiary happens to be the company where Obama's undisclosed advisor on this and other telecom issues (also a major donor) makes his living.

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

Originally posted by Localizer
                        You know what I find scary? The fact that 10 dems ok'd Geithner's appointment with very few republicans opposing. This pisses me right off because if any of us were to owe on our taxes over the period of several years, we'd be having police officers coming into our houses.

I mean this is a guy who's being seated as our Sec of Treasury?
                        yea that made me very uneasy as well.
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                        Originally posted by ace_dl
                        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• runningman
                          Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                          • Jun 2004

uneasy? HAHAHA

should have done a lot more then that. The guy who is in charge of taxes didn't pay his taxes and the worst part is that nobody cares. Repulican Democrats they are all on the same team now.

Comment

• cosmo
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

uneasy? HAHAHA

should have done a lot more then that. The guy who is in charge of taxes didn't pay his taxes and the worst part is that nobody cares. Repulican Democrats they are all on the same team now.

That's par for the course these days in Washington. Barney Frank is the worst of the worst.

Comment

• runningman
                              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
                              • Jun 2004

The US realistically could take a murderer out of jail and put him in charge of D of J and nobody would care. It really is sad to see the fleecing of a great country like the USA.

Comment

Working...