X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Ugliest Volvo ever

Nothing against the look, but doesn't suit Volvo at all. Even the badge on the grill looks out of place

The SC90 was designed by Nouphone J. Bansasine during his internship at Volvo in Summer 2007. The brief was to create a new premium product line for the brand.

As Nouphone explains, "My proposal was based on the growing trend for premium 4 door coupes, taking the concept to the extreme by exploring and developing a premium 4 door sportscar for the year 2015."

This sportscar with 4 doors and 4 seats would become Volvo's new flagship model and drive the brand towards a more emotional direction.

The Volvo SC90 would compete in the premium sport sedan segment with such models ad the Porsche Panamera and the Aston Martin Rapide.

The main design element of the car is its profile, chracterized by convex and concave surfacing.

Seen in side profile the main defining lines and secondary elements are strategically designed by angled profiles from 180 to 90 degree increment.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Re: Ugliest Volvo ever

you think that's ugly. WOW. Our tastes are drastically different. As I think it's incredibly killer looking. I love the interior and the way that Volvo has been growing with their designs in the last year. I wish I had enough $$ to get the C70.
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• |Thrax|
      Platinum Poster
      • Mar 2007

thats a sick ass design, I want one!!!

i remember when the saint came out in the 90's i wanted a c60 of whatever.. i thought id never seen anything like it.

volvo is awesome, my mom had a station wagon, 740 turbo
      This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
      Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• MJ
        Here since 2002
        • Jun 2004

The only thing that looks wrong with that car is the wheels. They could have done with being another inch or two wider. Other than that I think it looks beautiful.
        mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• Dhar_2
          meat and potatoes
          • Jun 2004

DARK

i like it!

Comment

• DancingQueen
            AVB FanClub | President
            • Oct 2005

I can see what you are saying that it really doesn't look like a Volvo, but man that's a sik looking car!

All car companies seem to be going for the sleek, sexy look and I'm loving it. Even Hyundai is putting out one....the pictures of the Genesis Coupe don't even come close to doing it justice. It's a sexy looking car....when you see it in person, you look at the lines on it and you just go wow.

I think the next few years are shaping out to be exciting in the automotive world as they need to keep grabbing people's eyes to get business with the way the economy is right now
            sigpic
            RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
            RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Dhar_2
              meat and potatoes
              • Jun 2004

^ dont like the front end!

and looking at the back half seems very much like the slk!

Comment

• Alien Code
                Fresh Peossy
                • Feb 2007

the front grille looks like it came off the ford iosis concept and the headlamps have something in common with the bmw cs concept car but overall a nice looking car. Still far from the Aston Martin stylish lines tough.

Comment

• DancingQueen
                  AVB FanClub | President
                  • Oct 2005

^^^ Are you talking about my pic or the Volvo?

If it's the Genesis Coupe you are referring to, the pictures really don't do it justice you need to see it in person....and a Hyundai, will never be classed in the same category of an Aston Martin....if its not the Genesis pic you are referring to, carry on! lol

And Dhar, the front end in person is a lot nicer....not really the same as in the pic....its wider then it looks.

I was more just putting the picture of the Coupe in as an example to show that companies, even more economical ones like Hyundai, are changing the image of their vehicles as well....to make them more sexy/appealing to the eye.
                  sigpic
                  RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                  RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Jenks
                    I'm kind of a big deal.
                    • Jun 2004

it's actually a nice looking car DQ...but it's still a hyundai

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

Originally posted by Jenks
                      ...but it's still a hyundai
                      ssssnnnnaaaap
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                      Originally posted by ace_dl
                      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

Though to give credit where credit is due, Hyundai has made leaps and bounds in their automotive styling and design and that Hyundai Genesis is an epic leap in the right direction (though not quite there yet is you really compare it Zee Germans).

While I strongly believed I would NEVER buy a Korean car eva (Hyundai/Kia or the likes of), I realized I would sway a bit if the Genesis design was improved a bit. I just don't dig that rib-cage grill it sports.

Having said that, I've become a firm believer of never say never.
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Dhar_2
                          meat and potatoes
                          • Jun 2004

well no one wants an ugly car!

these pics may give a better idea!

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Kamal
                            Though to give credit where credit is due, Hyundai has made leaps and bounds in their automotive styling and design and that Hyundai Genesis is an epic leap in the right direction (though not quite there yet is you really compare it Zee Germans).

While I strongly believed I would NEVER buy a Korean car eva (Hyundai/Kia or the likes of), I realized I would sway a bit if the Genesis design was improved a bit. I just don't dig that rib-cage grill it sports.

Having said that, I've become a firm believer of never say never.
                            i agree with all of that. they have the best warranty in the biz too. but for the price of the new genesis, i'd still go japanese or german first.

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

^^ yes you could get a good CPO Acura of Infinity for the price of a new Genesis that is true. Another thing I have become a firm believer of is buying a Certified Pre Owned car that has the pricey first / second year value shaved off. You can get so much car for so few dollars but you really need to look hard and well cause there are few fucked up deals that I narrowly avoided.

In know I told you about this but after I bought the Mrs. her Lexus, I ended up getting such a sweet deal on a Certified Acura TL I just couldn't ignore the deal and I ended up buying it.

Here are a few picts from the dealer's website

www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:

Comment

Working...