X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Graham
    DJ Jelly
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
    are beto and I the only two people here that've used Internet Explorer 7.66?
    DIDNT even know there was a newer version of IE, lol

Comment

• picklemonkey
      Double hoodie beer monster
      • Jun 2004

well, there really isn't. but to get to level 8, you need to get it anyways.

[http://www.try2hack.nl/levels/level7-xfkohc.php]

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
        well, there really isn't. but to get to level 8, you need to get it anyways.

[http://www.try2hack.nl/levels/level7-xfkohc.php]
        level 8? am i playing dungeons and bloody dragons or summing? :?

Comment

• picklemonkey
          Double hoodie beer monster
          • Jun 2004

my Level-5-light-sword/gay-attracting-shield and my level 99 mega-haze-senses don't appreciate those types of comments!

Comment

• Steve Graham
            DJ Jelly
            • Jun 2004

Re: Firefux 1.0 final is out!

to your light sword and all that other shite you mentioned, LOL

Comment

• evangelion
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

Ok...I know what you mean now. I've run across a few. Nowhere near enough to make me think about switching back though. :P

Comment

• papa_giorgio
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Im having a Java problem. For example, Desyn Masiellos site, i cant access the Menu tab on the top left side. Anybody knows what the problem here?

Comment

• beto
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

^ I'd blame the site coders for that. I can't see that menu either. IE tailored sites...

Comment

• vibe
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Aug 2004

FF

CHEERS

Comment

• ubiqe
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

ok so anybody please enlighten me what's so great about ff?... In what is it better than ie? (except that you can install extensions, but that's not the program itself ) I've tried the preview release and after a few days switched back to ie. FF still DOES NOT implement as many w3org recomendations as ie. And for those of you who complain about ie tailored sites - why is it so surprising if it is the browser that gives the greatest possibilities for web designers?!
                      Please try to separate your opinions about microsoft from those about ie itself and give me a few tips as how to appreciate the acclaimed greatness of ff.

Comment

• supaz
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jun 2004

just d/l it and try it out

I never had any probs with sites....

the best feature imo is tabbed browsing...also it seems to fend off spyware rather well. IE is a vacuum cleaner for that shiiiite.

Comment

• ubiqe
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

I did try it (the PR). Now I'm trying the full version, we'll see... It kept iritating me (some stuff just wouldn't work!) and also it was much slower than ie. Maybe I'll try those tweaks above.

I never got any spyware with ie, unless you mean some cookies - don't know what's the problem

And it seems I was using tabbed browsing with ie all the time - just instead off ctrl+t I was pressing ctrl+n Not much difference really. Unless you don't like your start menu bar and you need clicking somewhere below the browsers adress bar.

Anyway, as I'm trying to make my sites more available I'll be using ff to check whether everything works fine. The only real PLUS +++ I can see within it is the javascript console which is more user friendly than ie's bug reports.

Comment

• beto
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ubiqe
                            ok so anybody please enlighten me what's so great about ff?... In what is it better than ie? (except that you can install extensions, but that's not the program itself ) I've tried the preview release and after a few days switched back to ie. FF still DOES NOT implement as many w3org recomendations as ie. And for those of you who complain about ie tailored sites - why is it so surprising if it is the browser that gives the greatest possibilities for web designers?!
                            Please try to separate your opinions about microsoft from those about ie itself and give me a few tips as how to appreciate the acclaimed greatness of ff.
                            I don't know why you say that FF is less w3 compatible than IE. FF is w3 compliant, which means that it applies the w3 rules and web standards, something that IE doesn't. Being a web coder, I'm tired of having to create separate code for IE, just because it has it's own way of interpreting html (try using CSS to it's full capacity, xhtml, and even javascript just got better support now that they finally realized that the whole VBscript thing isn't going to happend)

And for me, any site that is created only for one browser is just a poorly coded site, showing the lack of knowledge of the coder. Creating IE tailored sites is taking the way IE interprets code as a standard, bypasssing the w3.

FF is not for every one, if you like IE and think that it's the greatest thing the web will see, keep it. If you don't like forgetting about spywares, being able to customize your browser with extensions (which aren't part of the program by themselves, but the whole idea behind them is tahth people outside the developing team could create things that they thought would be useful) just stay on IE

Ubique: what stuff wasn't working?

Comment

• arielus
                              He's back, in Pog form
                              • Jun 2004

Taking w3 as a source

You might like to install and use this:

ps: just in case you want more info C-NET has something else to say.

While Mozilla offers a whole suite of secure, independent, open-source Internet tools, it recently streamlined its browser component and named it Firefox. Since last summer, we've been testing Firefox, and, frankly, we're sold: Firefox is just as fast and just as easy as Internet Explorer--and more importantly, it's much more secure.
                              And for homepage developers.. do not use Frontpage anymore
                              http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
                              http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
                              http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo

Comment

• mixu
                                Travel Guru Extraordinaire
                                • Jun 2004

I've got no idea what you lot are on about...

Wasn't Firefox some 80s TV programme like Airwolf or Streethawk? :wink:
                                Ask me a question...

Comment

Working...