• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Cocktails at the White House

I knew I liked this dude. Guy knows how stuff gets done in the real world:

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama has invited Republican and Democratic lawmakers for drinks at the White House as they consider his economic recovery bill that still faces opposition.

White House aides say about two dozen key members of Congress were invited to the Executive Mansion Wednesday evening. The guest list includes six House Democrats, six House Republicans and five senators from each party.
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Cocktails at the White House

Awesome take on this, via Wonkette:

Obama To Get Congress Wasted After Vote On Stimulus

This guy, Obama. He’s arranged to host a sexy beer party at the White House tonight, presumably after the House votes on his famously porky abortion-loving moneybomb, The Stimulus Package. Leaders of both chambers of Congress, and of both parties, have been invited. So the House Republicans, who will probably all vote against this bill, should probably pre-game with grain alcohol on the limo ride down Pennsylvania Avenue because it will be awwwwwkwaaaaaard.

May we just use this opportunity to mention, again, how very pleasant this all is? Last night Obama goes to the Hill to answer any and all questions the House Republicans had (they didn’t change their minds, but they sure liked him!), and today he basically says, “look friends, busy day, I know, but if you get this done later today, then I’ll get everyone drunk at my house, the White House. Fuckin’ Biden over there’s been drinking all afternoon, so it should be hilarious.”

And yes, this is to a certain extent just some superficial ploy Obama’s always been a master at, in Chicago and at the Harvard Law review when he dared befriend some of the conservatives without capitulating into a neocon oil-drilling racist. But friendship’s a good thing, damnit! The Republican party so often derives its strength by hiding from the Democratic party entirely and calling them French terrorist-lovers — or any other gay- and Muslim-sounding label — on the teevee, because to actually engage in ideas, openly, would be to lose.

Obama’s a good man, and a smart man, and it’s apparently impossible to deny these things after you’ve met him. It’s nice to have that sort of presence in Washington. Bush would never go out of his way to talk to the opposition party in person; he’d simply go on teevee and call the Democrats stupid loser faggots who’d better pass whatever unconstitutional thing he wanted on his desk at any given time, lest the blood of dead Americans be on their hands. And as soon as the Democrats caved, in shame, he’d force them to come to the Rose Garden for two minutes, just to rub it in, as he signed off on the latest law that gave him new powers with which to destroy the country.

Will Barack Obama ever let us have our disastrous city of shame back?

Comment

• Steve Graham
      DJ Jelly
      • Jun 2004

hahaha! thats great
      wonder what that is in the glass?

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

my guess would be Yuengling darker brand since it is the oldest brewery in the US.. He is tacky like that

Comment

• lilsensa
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

Amberbock.

IMO.
          RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• i!!ustrious
            I got some N64 Games Yo!!
            • Mar 2008

But friendship’s a good thing, damnit! The Republican party so often derives its strength by hiding from the Democratic party entirely and calling them French terrorist-lovers — or any other gay- and Muslim-sounding label — on the teevee, because to actually engage in ideas, openly, would be to lose.
            Word. Just like a game of harmless ping pong.
            I really like these articles BTW. Sounds like they had a jolly good time!

So I'm guessing that all this happened before Obama had walked into the window.

(((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

^^^ thats great, lmao

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

it certainly resembles a door

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Jenks
                  I'm kind of a big deal.
                  • Jun 2004

how many times do you think Bush walked into that one?

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

lol
                    how long before someone says fuck it and makes it a door anyway

Comment

• Garrick
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• DIDI
                        Aussie Pest
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                        lol
                        how long before someone says fuck it and makes it a door anyway
                        that is lateral thinking
                        Originally posted by TheVrk
                        it IS incredible isn't it??
                        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...