Clear All
  • feather
    Shanghai ooompa loompa
    • Jul 2004

Re: anyone ever visit/live in S. Korea?

Tell us more!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• austindacat
      Getting warmed up
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by feather
      Koreans are absolutely fanatical about Starcraft. IIRC the trailer for Starcraft II premiered in Korea to much cheering and applause. I think the video was posted in the computer forum.

I've been informed of an opportunity in Korea too, but despite being Asian, Korea is even more foreign to me than Australia. I've also heard Korea is still an extremely male chauvinistic society, women supposedly have to walk behind their husbands (but that's just hearsay)
      i was living in seoul in the late 90's til 02 and didn't see much of extreme male chauvinistic activities. it's non existant in youger geration for sure. they've got a couple of bangin clubs in the southern part of seoul. i believe sasha, diggers and van m had performed in southern part of seoul in last four months and from the clips i saw, they were bangin!!

the city is extrememly busy with tons of people. little new york i call it. tons of place to go visit and it's definitely a drinker's city. there are millions of bars where you can get alcoholed up. you want to stay way from doing drugs, the law is very strict on drugs. other than that, you'll probably encounter lots of open, friendly and curious people.

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

That's good to hear ... the male chauvinism bit was hearsay. Did you have any communication issues??

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• nicomax
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

You should go, Korea is a fast modernizing country, it would be very interesting at least. I actually have a korian friend who writes speeches for the president...
          Nicomax

Comment

• austindacat
            Getting warmed up
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by feather
            That's good to hear ... the male chauvinism bit was hearsay. Did you have any communication issues??
            you will run into some communication issues and that is given in any non english speaking foreign counrtries but you'll be surprised how much they study it.

Comment

• Steve Graham
              DJ Jelly
              • Jun 2004

^^^ A lot of people go there and make very good money teaching English

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                • Mar 2008

^ true that.

tis cos' they chosen(korean) always strive to understand and comm. english with universal proficiency i would guess.

^ the korean's last link is a hydralisk from starcraft.
                (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...