• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: So i am the proud owner of a

Originally posted by hambino21
    Yeah i thought that myself, but the 92 which is made in china is put together quite nicely. I have no complaints. I still think it sucks that they had to outsource but I guess thats how it is. Its still designed and engineered in the UK. You still can't beat the sound quality of either, hands down.
    No wonder the UK economy is going down the pan ... we design and engineer quality
    market leading products and then shed our workforce giving jobs to other countries whose economy then thrives .
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

That sucks. They're not lowering the price on them are they? So they're outsourced to China purely to make a larger profit? Wonder how much they make now.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• hambino21
        PFC Semen Ham
        • Jul 2004

Not sure exactly. It does suck considering they haven't come down in prices. I mean the headphones are what, $300? You would think it would come down.
        I am still and avid Allen and heath supporter, but I guess I am just so used to the whole outsourcing thing being from the US.

Nothing is sacred any more.
        " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• hambino21
          PFC Semen Ham
          • Jul 2004

Hers a link to the question asked to A&H themselves.

Ill see what else I can find

- Me-

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

I take it you don't have mobile A&H/CDJ rig hidden away in the barracks Hambino ?
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• hambino21
              PFC Semen Ham
              • Jul 2004

Nope i have a sweet set up in my crib I rent over here in this cool little village. No barracks for me any more, thank God. And since the Germans build their houses out of concrete I can totally slam this shite. Its pretty sweet. I managed to pic up some video editing suite furniture that the gov was getting rid of, and it makes a perfect dj set up. ill have to post some new pics pretty soon. I used to rock out in the barracks with my technics and my xone 62. Im sure i pissed a few peeps off, but oh well.

- Me-

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by simonr
                No wonder the UK economy is going down the pan ... we design and engineer quality
                market leading products and then shed our workforce giving jobs to other countries whose economy then thrives .

Totally agree with you Si.

On a different note, I found the 92 for $ 1,315.00

Comment

• Haziel
                  Likes a finger upthere
                  • Jan 2007

^^^where????

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Haziel
                    ^^^where????
                    Here in the US...

Hopefully they'll ship to South America.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                      Not cool enough
                      • Jun 2004

Q. Is it true that Xones are made in China, and if so, why are you doing this - is it a cost-cutting exercise? Are the UK-built Xones better quality and more reliable than the Chinese built versions?
                      A. We have been building the Xone:62, 32 and 02 models in China since summer 2004. They are built to exactly the same standard as the UK ones, using the same components, and tested on our own test equipment in the same way. As the Xone range grew and orders increased we had to look for an additional assembly plant in order to meet demand, as our UK factory was already operating at full capacity. We were keen to supply the demand for our products, but we were concerned about the rumours about exploitation in China, so we needed to find an internationally respected manufacturing partner with whom we could work to arrive at an acceptable production process. So, our engineering team in the UK designs the product, we specify the components to be used (the same as in our UK-built products - i.e. Alps pots and switches, P&G faders, Analog Devices IC etc.), specify the test stages and provide the test gear to ensure our standards are met. We regularly audit the production processes along with the standards accreditation bodies such as ITS to certify the standard safety and quality issues. The only difference is the direct labour content, and we're pleased to confirm that the working conditions and environment are exceptionally good in the factory we use. Finally, we're glad to say that we're very pleased with the quality of product the Chinese factory is achieving - there is NO discernible difference between the mixers built in China and those built in the UK.

Being that they've been doing this since 04, you'd think that the ones back then would have been crappy, but they must have some good quality control going on over there.
                      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• pr0ficient
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by hypoluxxa
                        Totally agree with you Si.

On a different note, I found the 92 for $ 1,315.00
                        Wow, now that is an impressive price! I bought mine about 6 months ago for $1450, which was the lowest I had ever seen up until now.

In fact, I just looked around and found a new 92 for $1,285 here!

I doubt they are making a cent of profit on that!

With the economy being so terrible you can definitely get some incredible deals online and in retail stores. So I guess if you're considering a 92 you might as well buy one now if you can afford it!

Comment

• Dhar_2
                          meat and potatoes
                          • Jun 2004

so u finally got over your dimension problems and bought one!

congrats!

have fun!

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Oct 2005

^^ Thanks exact same size. loving it guys. wish i had the 92 but 62 is great too.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                              I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                              • Mar 2008

now that u have acquired a xone, it's time u dish out grips of mixes for us -- with the thousands upon thousands of vinyl you have!
                              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

Working...