Will you give some appreciation .. Will you give some appreciation for this man ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Will you give some appreciation .. Will you give some appreciation for this man ...

.... he just flew back on Concord from Twilo last night ... Sashaaaaa !

Just been listening to (and uploaded) this awesome awesome set. A true classic "The Man Like" truly hooks things up GU013 style.
    • Natious - Amber has never ever sounded better

Sasha - Homelands 1999 (essential mix)

01. Force Mass Motion - Lost (In Time)
    02. Z2 - I Want You
    03. Way Out West - Spike
    04. Sander Kleinenberg - Sacred (Sunrise Mix)
    05. Space Manoeuvers - Stage One (Tilt's Apollo 11 Mix)
    06. Antic - Pulse
    07. Andy Ling - Fixation (Main Mix)
    08. Nuw Idol - Tears
    09. Natious - Amber (Silk Mix)

Enjoy !
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.
  • ace_dl
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Will you give some appreciation .. Will you give some appreciation for this man .

Oh man ... I was there that night

What a fantastic experience. My first ever homelands ... well no thanks to the weather though

Thanx for sharing Simon. Greatly appreciate it
    Speakman Sound - Hold the Line

Comment

• Weizy
      MCast Resident DJ
      • Jun 2004

Re: Will you give some appreciation .. Will you give some appreciation for this man .

Ah Simon you put a smile on my face with this post...THANK YOU SIR!

Comment

• Adzey
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Mar 2008

Tongy is a legend with his introductions

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• Bender420
          Tickle me Elmo!
          • Jun 2004

gracias
          Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• Weizy
            MCast Resident DJ
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Adzey
            Tongy is a legend with his introductions
            Right you are Adzey! Tongy has had so many great lines over the years...how about these..

Oakenfold EM world tour 1999..."Nice one brotha!"...or in regards to Oakey from Shanghai... "I bet you've never been there. Well he has and here it comes."

God I could go on and on...either way CLASSIC!!!

Comment

• GregWhelan
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

I absolutely LOVE Tongy's intro on that Homelands set - he always gets worked up when it's Sasha - love the way Force Mass Motion floats in and you can hear the crowd, then the place just goes crackers when the beat drops.

Another great Tongy moment is on Digweed's 99 EM. Halfway through Science Dept he simply says 'You're listening to the Essential Mix, tonight, with John Digweed' just perfectly before the beat kicks back in.

Great memories of walking to college, listening to a cassette tape, ah man they don't make em like that any more!

Comment

• Weizy
                MCast Resident DJ
                • Jun 2004

Man I forgot how great this choon is:

Sander Kleinenberg - Sacred (Sunrise Mix)

Comment

• Adzey
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Mar 2008

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                  ah man they don't make em like that any more!
                  absolutely and with the shite thats lined up on the emix in next few weeks doesnt look like its going to improve things!

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• GregWhelan
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

F*** me how good is Z2-I Want You?!

Listen to the mix between Force Mass Motion and Z2 - the beat is ever so slightly off right at the start - my mate would always go on about this every time we cracked this set out - I think he couldnt believe that Sasha had mismatched a beat in his life.

Comment

• ace_dl
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Weizy
                      Right you are Adzey! Tongy has had so many great lines over the years...how about these..

Oakenfold EM world tour 1999..."Nice one brotha!"...or in regards to Oakey from Shanghai... "I bet you've never been there. Well he has and here it comes."

God I could go on and on...either way CLASSIC!!!

Another great line from the dude ... " It's not every day Sasha comes to play in the kitchen ( Maybe refering to Godskitchen?) ... in fact it is not every day Sasha comes to play"
                      Speakman Sound - Hold the Line

Comment

• fletcher
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jul 2005

Awesome, thanks.. on the download, dont think ive ever heard this one.

Glade Festival is at "the bowl" this year, apparently the drainage issues have been sorted out though, heres hoping for some good weather!
                        http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• kassios
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Jun 2004

Thanks for the link simon

propper trance music at its best

http://soundcloud.com/concept-sheep

Comment

• DancingQueen
                            AVB FanClub | President
                            • Oct 2005

w00t! Thanks hun
                            sigpic
                            RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
                            RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• chanty
                              John, John, where art thou!
                              • Jun 2004

Very nice. I haven't heard it either and I'm looking very forward to listening. Thanks.
                              Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

Working...