Will you give some appreciation .. Will you give some appreciation for this man ...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

Re: Will you give some appreciation .. Will you give some appreciation for this man .

thanks Simon, on the download now

Comment

• phazon
      Gold Gabber
      • Jun 2004

Re: Will you give some appreciation .. Will you give some appreciation for this man .

Wow not heard this for a while, but cannot believe it is nearly 10 years ago
      ----------------------------

Comment

• pumper&dumper
        Dumped but never pumped!
        • Oct 2008

Thanks for this, was there too. Just finished uni the day before and drove down. Was a sunny day on the south coast and wicked festival

Comment

• Adzey
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Mar 2008

fresh and tasty sounding today as it was in 1999 the man was on this night

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• coliver1980
            Platinum Poster
            • Aug 2008

Thanks for bringing this to the front of my mind Si. Listening to this right now, absolute classic. Pete Tong's intros are legendary!!

Comment

• hypoluxxa
              Are you Kidding me??
              • Jun 2004

THANKS.... After being at work for 14 hours earlier, this definitely takes me to a better palce.

Comment

• GregWhelan
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ace_dl
                Another great line from the dude ... " It's not every day Sasha comes to play in the kitchen ( Maybe refering to Godskitchen?) ... in fact it is not every day Sasha comes to play"
                Tong actually says 'play in your kitchen' which I think refers to clubbers coming home from a night out, turning on the EM while they chill out.

It was a studio mix, not from a club

Comment

• ace_dl
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GregWhelan
                  Tong actually says 'play in your kitchen' which I think refers to clubbers coming home from a night out, turning on the EM while they chill out.

It was a studio mix, not from a club
                  Thanks for the clarification mate. Always wondered what Tongy was talking about

And yes it was a studio mix, actually his debut appearance in 2000

"No station hoping and make sure you stay tuned to Radio1" LoL
                  Speakman Sound - Hold the Line

Comment

• simonr
                    Transitionator
                    • Jun 2004

Bonus seaside treat from 1999 uploaded seens as we're going with the GU013 vibe:

Sasha - Live @ St Ives (Radio 1) 13th August 1999

Space Manoevers - Stage Two (Pariah's 'Shadow Lounging' Mix)
                    Sander Kleinenberg - Sacred (Combined Forces)
                    Quivver - And She Does
                    Donna Summer - I Will Go With You (Con Te Partiro) (Club 69 'Trippy' Dub)
                    BBE - 7 Days & 1 Week (DJ Mogwai Mix)
                    Ambassador - The Fade (Oliver Lieb Mix)
                    Mindtrap - Much Better Man
                    Sasha - Xpander (Original Mix)
                    Chemical Brothers - Out Of Control (Sasha's Remix)
                    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• Shpira
                      Angry Boy Child
                      • Oct 2006

Cheers mate...really appreciated!
                      Is anyone going to MOS on the 7th...Sasha and Marcus James all night
                      The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                      Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• feather
                        Shanghai ooompa loompa
                        • Jul 2004

Woo hoo! Andy Ling - Fixation Main Mix, huge tune back in the day. And BBE, that really brings me back! Used to absolutely love 7 Days And 1 Week and Offshore.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• feather
                          Shanghai ooompa loompa
                          • Jul 2004

After listening to these vintage Sasha, I think what I used to really love about his sets is his ability to build up a set and maintain that relentless energy right past peak time. He just goes through variations of maintaining the energy whether it's with melodies, some solid basslines, or stomping beats.

And I think that's why Digweed's deep chuggy style of playing suited Sasha so perfectly, cos Digweed takes his warmup everywhere and really winds up that tension and energy.

But the energy in Sasha's sets these days are replaced by intensity, he doesn't so much as build up or maintain the energy, but mantains this crazy intensity of synths which I find really noisy.

While Digweed's way of building up his sets with today's tunes tend to build on each other until that crazy vortex moment; his sets are stand alone in themselves, they don't need any other b2b act to complement them.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                          a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                          Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                          Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Dhar_2
                            meat and potatoes
                            • Jun 2004

old school!

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                              I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                              • Mar 2008

Sashar used 'Spike' and 'Fixation' ...nice. very reminiscent of NW's 99 EM mix.
                              (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                                Anyone have Styx livesets?
                                • Jun 2004

all the trance lovers in one thread - aint dat cute

'99 was a great year -the first bedrock cd and the start of prog.
                                ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

Working...