X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mylexicon
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by superEGO72
    ahh.. the audiogalaxy days.. fun times...

it sure was nice that the kissfm mixes showed up in my download dir..

but damn, i was a member in this 'dark progressive house' group... and man oh man, some ho kept sending the crappiest tracks ever. deleted 4-8 songs a day.. worst one i got was this crazy oompa loompa song remix.. damn was it scary.
    That was part of the greatness....everyday you would get some clown
    who would send you hilarious stuff.

Originally posted by Alpinevpr
    I feel so cheated
    You really were my man. AG was so far above and beyond all other audio
    file sharing programs. You could find books on tape, presidential speeches,
    audio samples, dj tools, and every electronic tune ever. But fear not, its
    greatness will be surpassed some day.....history has shown us it is only a matter of time.
    Be a vegan......eat freedom fries..

Comment

• Homskillet
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

I remember the Kiss FM audiogalaxy days!! I could never even image what it'd turn out to be in the future!!

How incredible!!

My profile!!

https://soundcloud.com/dahlheim/shadynasty-tres-final

Comment

• Trancelucent One
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Yeah I was a member of the Kiss FM group on audiogalaxy. I just missed the memo when mercury server was started...so it took me awhile to find it
        ~Pam

I like it dark and dirty!!!

Comment

• brakada
          Gold Gabber
          • Jun 2004

Ah yes, Audiogalaxy... RIP :cry:

Well, I wasn't a huge prog fan back then, but still I think it was the best music exchange programme there ever was...

So now, can someone get back to the history of MS I... :wink:
          We shall boldly dance, where no man has danced before..."

Comment

• anthony
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

was the ? in the first post of this thread ever answered, the origin of MS? unless i missed it everyone was just remenising (sp) about Audiogalaxy. curious minds want to know.

Comment

• mylexicon
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by anthony
              was the ? in the first post of this thread ever answered, the origin of MS? unless i missed it everyone was just remenising (sp) about Audiogalaxy. curious minds want to know.
              The first post i wrote about the Kiss FM group was the first step. The details
              about the ideas that started [ms] will have to be answered by admin.
              Be a vegan......eat freedom fries..

Comment

• lmmadic
                Gold Gabber
                • Jun 2004

yeah i used to be on audiogalaxy back in the day.
                but then i was downloading mostly rap
                ow and i was into acid too, so i've got alot of acid from there.
                i didn't know any artist tho, so i just typed in acid and went from there
                Never joined any groups, didn't think that would be intresting at the time
                <--dumbass

but about mercuryserver it was i believe?
                well i've 'only' been on MS for 1.5 years or so but mercuryserver.com was a domain-name from somebody -e- knew that they could use.
                (not 100% sure on this,but i'm sure many will be able to give you the full story)
                and the logo? well that's a buckyball i believe, but what that has to do with MS or who came up with it? youre guess is as good as mine, but i would love to find out!
                sigpic

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. Edward Everett

Comment

• rocker
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jun 2004

blame encryption for the whole thing, he's the genius behind MS, of course with a lot of help by the great mods in here, like shepie and algy and many others.. i once had something to do with all of this, but all i did was drinking and scratching my ass while posting stupid answers.. first was the group on audiogalaxy called kiss fm which i opened and had great succes, but when AG closed encryption came up with the idea of having a place to continue with the tradition of bringing good music to people who enjoyed it, and so MS came to life..

as once a wise man said..

"If we don't change, we don't progress. And we are, after all, a progressive nation... "

Comment

• rocker
                    Fresh Peossy
                    • Jun 2004

OUR MISSION

Our mission is to supply the world of progressive junkies with their weekly dosage of KISS 100 medication.

The MercuryServer Team has dedicated its services to providing the KISS 100 and Speicals Sets as a contribution of our extreme love for the KISS FM show and Progressive Music. Without a unique niche` of dedicated fans, NONE OF THIS would have been possible. It is an honor to support such progressive art delivered by Diggerz and delivered by us to the progressive nation (you).

-encryption & algorithm
                    SOME HISTORY

MercuryServer started out as a $50 Linux server that provided study notes and lecture presentations for students undergoing Information Systems and Computer Science Degrees. Later mercuryserver provided thousands of application code for such languages as VB, ASP, C++, JAVA, and PHP. Now inspired by developers and programmers that write most of their code while pumping digweed, they are dedicating drive space and bandwidth for the new legacy of mercuryserver. The KISS FM 100 - John Digweed MercuryServer ERA was born A.D. May 3, 2002.

Comment

• konfussion
                      Getting Somewhere
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rocker
                      OUR MISSION

Our mission is to supply the world of progressive junkies with their weekly dosage of KISS 100 medication.

The MercuryServer Team has dedicated its services to providing the KISS 100 and Speicals Sets as a contribution of our extreme love for the KISS FM show and Progressive Music. Without a unique niche` of dedicated fans, NONE OF THIS would have been possible. It is an honor to support such progressive art delivered by Diggerz and delivered by us to the progressive nation (you).

-encryption & algorithm
                      SOME HISTORY

MercuryServer started out as a $50 Linux server that provided study notes and lecture presentations for students undergoing Information Systems and Computer Science Degrees. Later mercuryserver provided thousands of application code for such languages as VB, ASP, C++, JAVA, and PHP. Now inspired by developers and programmers that write most of their code while pumping digweed, they are dedicating drive space and bandwidth for the new legacy of mercuryserver. The KISS FM 100 - John Digweed MercuryServer ERA was born A.D. May 3, 2002.
                      Wow, I finally have a better understanding of how this community came together. Never used the groups thing on audiogalaxy but I wish I would have!

Comment

• 88Mariner
                        My dick is smaller
                        • Nov 2006

Re: Mercuryserver origins

interesting....
                        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• unkle
                          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                          • Mar 2007

Yeah.

Probably all the members of the first page are dead,
                          They have not returned to appear hereabouts.

Comment

• floridaorange
                            I'm merely a humble butler
                            • Dec 2005

That's f*cking interesting man, that's f*cking interesting.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Kamal
                              Administrator
                              • May 2002

Originally posted by rocker
                              "If we don't change, we don't progress. And we are, after all, a progressive nation... "
                              that just hit me like a train.
                              www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                              he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                              Originally posted by ace_dl
                              Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                              I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• GarryX
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by unkle
                                Probably all the members of the first page are dead,

Comment

Working...