X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Menstrual Calendar Application...For Men

:-) Some people are going to be offended by this, but I think it's a pretty solid idea, what do you think? Either way it's a funny website to discuss with your significant other, lol.

"Seems like every day brings news of a new iPhone app that makes the device all that more indispensable. Take for instance, PMS Buddy, which lets men keep track of the menstrual cycles of the women in their lives."

PMS Buddy, due to launch for the iPhone this week, has been available as a free service for nine months. The site's tagline is "Saving relationships, one month at a time."

"It has exploded. We've passed 150,000 registered users," Jordan Eisenberg, founder and chief executive of PMS Buddy, said in a phone interview on Tuesday. The app also is available on Facebook where it has about 20,000 users, he added.

Eisenberg dismissed the critics of the PMS tracking service, saying that he has received 3,000 e-mails from men and women around the globe telling him how useful PMS Buddy is.

No doubt, there are some people who won't appreciate the humor of such a service, particularly given the history of societal denigration of women because of their monthly hormonal changes. But, as far as menstrual tracking services for men go, PMS Buddy handles things a bit more delicately than some.

"There are a lot of people out there that think we've been misogynistic, but we tell them it's a free country and if you don't like it don't use the Web site," he said. "We think it has an altruistic side to it. It helps people."

It was fun while it lasted...
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Menstrual Calendar Application...For Men

Well it could be good except for one thing. It's pretty well established that men have cycles [not as obvious] so the real issue would be coinciding cycles.

It also would allow some men to feed into the "women are crazy once a month" myth.

I think someone just came up with a moneymaking idea that would appeal to half the population "We think it has an altruistic side to it." Yeah right!

I would like to think any man in my life was aware enough not to need something like this.
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

my ladys only sane a few days of the month!
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

^^ but you love her anyway!! Right ??
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...