X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scifi pi
    Addiction started
    • Oct 2004

Re: Denon DNS3500 or CDJ800MKII

Get neither. Pioneer's CDJ800's are about to be replaced by end of year or beginning of next. Denon 3500 is rumored to be discontinued. Shelf life of both curernt models is dismal in the next year.

I would recommend the CDJ400's instead. Great compact product with lots of new features that Pioneer plans on implementing into the new CDJ-800 and CDJ-1000 models. The 400 shares some the internal electronics of the 1000.

As far as Denon, I would be hesitant to buy anything from them at this point. The DJ division may possibiy be on the chopping block or most likely be a very trimmed down product line due to very dismal sales in the past couple years. Denon/Marantz seem to be focusing their efforts towards their consumer electronics division which is their bread and butter revenue stream.

Comment

• N-tchbl
      Addiction started
      • May 2009

may i ask how u know these stuff about Pio replacing 800s?
      ..some article, interview.... something???

thank you in advance, id really like to know this and am looking forward to some further info

n-tchbl.com | MySpace | Facebook | Soundcloud | iFACE Bookings

Comment

• scifi pi
        Addiction started
        • Oct 2004

I worked in the commercial pro audio, video and lighting industry - off and on for a decade or so but still keep up since I do freelance contracting and consulting for local clubs in my area. Also, my cousin is a manufacturer's rep for Pioneer ProDJ and he keeps me updated on what's currently happening in his job as well. He also reps for the Harmon company (JBL, Crown, dbx) as well as Stanton DJ products. I also keep in contact with lots of other reps as well since through the years have become very close friends with many of them.

Comment

• N-tchbl
          Addiction started
          • May 2009

ah, thank you..
          makes some sense then and makes me wait til next year in that case

n-tchbl.com | MySpace | Facebook | Soundcloud | iFACE Bookings

Comment

• scifi pi
            Addiction started
            • Oct 2004

Just found out from cousin, PIONEER WILL BE ANNOUNCING AT THE DJ EXPO IN NEW JERSEY THIS COMING AUGUST 2009...new products. VERY HUSH HUSH. Only for Dealers at first but most likely to consumers to Christmas Holiday and early next year delivery.

rumor is a new upgraded CDJ-1000 with a larger COLOR LCD screen that will show waveforms and/or other additional info. requested by their international DJ endorsee's. CDJ-400 functions added in. Also, additional MIDI mapping for use as a decent controller. The 800 to get some of the features as well. Also, a possible upgrade to the DVJ lineup as well.

Comment

• panoulix
              MCast Resident DJ
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Steve Graham
              just get whatever you can afford for your home studio, if you ever play out, it shouldnt take you more than a couple of mixes to get used to whatever gear the venue has

Originally posted by scifi pi
              Get neither. Pioneer's CDJ800's are about to be replaced by end of year or beginning of next. Denon 3500 is rumored to be discontinued. Shelf life of both curernt models is dismal in the next year.

I would recommend the CDJ400's instead. Great compact product with lots of new features that Pioneer plans on implementing into the new CDJ-800 and CDJ-1000 models. The 400 shares some the internal electronics of the 1000.

As far as Denon, I would be hesitant to buy anything from them at this point. The DJ division may possibiy be on the chopping block or most likely be a very trimmed down product line due to very dismal sales in the past couple years. Denon/Marantz seem to be focusing their efforts towards their consumer electronics division which is their bread and butter revenue stream.
              1000% agree with those 2 posts. Nothing more to add than that! These 2 posts should cover you thoroughly Jeremy Micheal.
              http://www.panoulix.gr
              http://www.myspace.com/panoulix
              http://www.facebook.com/panoulix

Comment

• superchibisan
                Getting warmed up
                • Sep 2004

if you're going to get anything.

get this.

that is the best cdj i've ever touched. AMAZING.

i have never said that about any pioneer products.
                That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!

Comment

Working...