X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FM
    Wooooooo!
    • Jun 2004

Twitter

ok, who's a twit and is addicted to this thing...

FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
    Facebook!
    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.
  • AntonyM
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Oct 2004

Re: Twitter

Not sure I have enough tech savvy friends to get proper use of this, also bit of a recluse, but going to give it a shot anyway.
    Originally posted by Shpira
    So came back last night...
    Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
    Originally posted by Illuminate
    Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
    2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
    3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
    4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

signed on a few weeks ago, and find it pretty interesting. Had to turn off device updates for some of my friends, though, as my phone was getting bombarded with tweets.

Find any cool/unusual people to follow?

Comment

• AntonyM
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

Yeah MC Hammer, got to love it, guess he has some spare time on his hands as well.
        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...

Am I close here?

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          Anyone have Styx livesets?
          • Jun 2004

I dont get it really? Your real life friends tell you where they had lunch, without having to actually speak to you;
          and you find out the antics of complete internet randoms?

or am I missing something obvious?
          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
            I dont get it really? Your real life friends tell you where they had lunch, without having to actually speak to you;
            and you find out the antics of complete internet randoms?

or am I missing something obvious?
            You're not missing anything, but here's how I look at it -- I have increasingly less time to spend with my friends, but with twitter, I still feel like they are a part of my day when I hear about the minutiae of their daily lives. Every now and then, too, someone will post something really thought interesting or thought provoking.

Now with that said, not everyone I follow gets forwarded to my phone -- some people tweet too damn much, some people don't have anything of interest to say at all, etc. I try to make an effort to limit it to 3 or 4 a day, to chronicle the more significant thoughts and events, whereas some people will literally send out tweets like "taking a crap." There will probably be a day where I take a dump of such magnitude that it warrants inclusion on twitter, but that hasn't happened yet.

I generally do not follow random people on twitter unless they happen to do something unique that is worth reading beyond the reason you would normally subscribe to a twitter feed. There is one person in particular that does all of her posts in haiku, which I think is pretty cool.

Comment

• AntonyM
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2004

I think the obvious aspect is the ready nature of so many people to hop on board with out thought, twisted humor or blind following, researching at the moment.

Am I close here?

Comment

• clintlove
                Hey girl, ya Hungry?
                • Jun 2004

never heard of it and doesn't sound like something i would use, seems a bit invasive

Music is the answer, to your problems. Keep on movin', till you solve them.

sigpic

Comment

• FM
                  Wooooooo!
                  • Jun 2004

hey cool! I found Darth Vader.

the force is still strong
                  FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                  "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                  Facebook!
                  A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• darin epsilon
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jul 2004

Absolutely am not getting the point of this website. It's been touted as the next big social network for a while now.
                    Website | Facebook | SoundCloud | Beatport | Twitter | YouTube

http://soundcloud.com/darinepsilon/darin-epsilon-perspectives-072-pig-dan-frisky-radio-may-2013

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      Double hoodie beer monster
                      • Jun 2004

I've contemplated signing up for it, but I haven't because I think Facebook's status update is one in the same. I don't know as many friends on Twitter as there are on Facebook to convince me to move to it

Comment

• toasty
                        Sir Toastiness
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
                        I've contemplated signing up for it, but I haven't because I think Facebook's status update is one in the same. I don't know as many friends on Twitter as there are on Facebook to convince me to move to it
                        If I'm not mistaken, you can link the two, so when you update your twitter status, it updates your facebook status and vice-versa. The primary benefit to twitter over facebook is its mobility, I think -- anyone with a mobile phone can use it, and you can have other people's updates sent directly to your phone.

Can be handy for when you need to update a large number of people of something at the same time. Let's say you're going to Mardi Gras with a group of 10 people and you each subscribe to each other's twitter feeds. When you inevitably get separated, just send out a text to twitter saying "Pat O'Brien's @ 3" and everyone is notified at once without you having to individually text or call 9 people.

Lots of other applications, too. It's not a revolutionary tool by any means and it doesn't replace facebook, but it does fill a niche...

Comment

• lilsensa
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

It's 7 a.m. at Henry Ford Hospital, and surgeons are preparing to remove a cancerous tumor from a man's kidney.
                          RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• AntonyM
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Oct 2004

^ Little different, sounds interesting unless things get a bit messy on the operating table.

Am I close here?

Comment

• art71
                              Getting Somewhere
                              • Jun 2004

I had signed up about a month ago and I am just starting to go on and use it. It is very strange going from facebook to twitter though. But its worth a shot.

Comment

Working...