Anyone had a chance to give this a listen yet?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shpira
    Angry Boy Child
    • Oct 2006

Anyone had a chance to give this a listen yet?

One of the best collections of singles I have run into lately...
    I don't even know what genre this is... its like progressive minimal electronica blurp blurp fantastic computer noise...

Just goes to confirm what I knew for quite some time...this guy is VERY talented.
    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: Anyone had a chance to give this a listen yet?

Originally posted by Shpira
    progressive minimal electronica blurp blurp fantastic computer noise...
    its the new black.
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Jenks
      I'm kind of a big deal.
      • Jun 2004

palette used to be one of the labels i collected. i have a lot of the vinyl. justin maxwell was always my favorite of the two and the genius behind the label imo. i stopped buying their stuff tho...tejada and the label lost me awhile back. i think the last one i bought was maxwell's "your stupid" ep. sandwhich cow ftw. it's not that tejada and those guys (leviste/maxwell) don't still put out good music, i just ended up gravitating towards other guys producing a little more stripped down version of the glitchy funky style. i guess i changed, they didnt.

Comment

• pr0ficient
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Apr 2006

Oh yes, this is an excellent release!

I purchased 'Bounce' and 'The Open' a few weeks ago, but I remember all of the tracks being pretty good!

Comment

• AntonyM
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Oct 2004

Tejada brings the techie stuff, may have run its course as the flavor of the month but does not diminish his production skills.
          Originally posted by Shpira
          So came back last night...
          Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
          Originally posted by Illuminate
          Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
          2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
          3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
          4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• lilsensa
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

"Time Factory" is nice.
            RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Miroslav
              WHOA I can change this!1!
              • Apr 2006

yeah, I don't usually buy any Tejada stuff on vinyl for my own sets, but he produces some really neat music just to chill to...
              mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Localizer
                Platinum Poster
                • Jul 2004

i got 'bounce.' it's alright--feels like radioslave, who's tracks are boring the hell out of me (i mean 'rj,' seriously?) it's probably good for that warm up track, but other than that, a lot of those types of tracks are just lacking substance. that's not to say tejada is a bad producer, i'm just not appreciating the near negligible work these guys do. seems to me the new trend is to just slap a little percussion with a reverb organ of some type and send it off for mastering.
                Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
                -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Oct 2005

yes very nice album. Check out chart bottom of page

Jan 2008 Henrik schwarz - Leave my head alone brain (mix 3) Pascal FEOS - Return 2 zero Alexkid & Liset Alea - Nightshade (Tekel Remix) Guy Gerber - Digital Memories James Zabiela - Human Audision - Vanish Kiki - Dancing Graffiti (Zander VT Remix) Repeat Repeat- Why must (gaisers self explanatory mix) Tampopo - Helicopters

Comment

• Shpira
                    Angry Boy Child
                    • Oct 2006

To be honest he only got my attention in late 2005 early 2006 with a track called "the end of it all"...it earned him a place as one of my favorite producers...I downloaded some earlier tracks and I think he kind of peaked around 2003-4 to be honest...but he's stuff is still very good IMO

as for "the new trend is to just slap a little percussion with a reverb organ of some type and send it off for mastering." I couldn't agree more but I wouldn't say its a trend...I would just argue that thats the easiest thing a talentless person can do to make a song...that said I don't think Tejada falls into that category. His tracks (almost) always have a nice flow to them, a progression if you will, although they are often kind of slow and sick def not for everyone...
                    The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                    Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• BSully828
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

"The Open" is fantastic, perfect comedown tune after a long night. The rest seem a bit stale IMO.
                      Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
                      a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Comment

Working...