X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

This just in: Blake Potter on Proton

Blake Potter will be Greg Benz' guest on the Aurium on Proton Radio show today at 1pm EST. For those that aren't familiar with Blake I am attaching a copy of his bio. This guy is absolutely amazing and I consider him one of the most forward-thinking producers today. If you've not caught his remix of The Operators - Furball then you are truely missing out. This set is not to be missed.

Blake began his career over 12 years ago making and performing synth dance music with his brother & sister. Blake's first offering to the music business came when he was only 8 years of age with his debut album, Swirl, with bro Ian and Sister Brittany. Shortly after the Cd was released, Blake had his first taste of the clublife- performing his first club show at only 9 years of age. His first show was at the Blue Planet in Houston Texas, where he shared the stage with Information Society, Cause & Effect, Dee-Lite and Anything Box. Fast forward almost two years later, Blake has completed his second full length and is working on completing an EP.

The second release did very well locally. Shortly after the release of the E.P, Blake decided to take more interest in being a complete package. From there, he formed a company with his Father, Iner-tia. From Iner-tia, Blake began learning all aspects of the music Industry, from producing a track, to how marketing and promotion plays a vital role in where the track goes. Blake even instructed a 3 week college course on Marketing, Artist development, A&R and many more things involved with pushing units.

A few years later, after school was learned as a priority, Blake and his siblings did their 5th and latest full length record entitled, Inertia. Inertia, came with a needed name and image change for the group. From synth pop dance to a more dance floor geared sound, The record was well received. Within 5 weeks, Inertia, outsold top sellers like Hybrid, BT, Timo Maas and took the coveted number 1 Spot for a solid 6 weeks, demanding another press of Inertia discs.

All of this talk sparked some interest from Ministry of Sound, one of the biggest dance labels in the world. Within two weeks of hearing the record, General Manager, Barney Glover flew from the UK to meet with oracle immediately. Quickly, two tracks off the full length were re-worked and ready for press, but due to change of ownership in the MOS family, the tracks were never released.

All of this by the time Blake is barley 16 years old. Shortly after his 16th birthday, his siblings decided to part ways, as they found their passion to be elsewhere. In the meantime, Blake focused his energy on making his real passion, house music. By the end of his 16th year, Blake produced what would be his first single as a solo artist, At First Sight featuring vocals from the one and only Adrian Braun from Satellite recs artist, Thin Men. The track was never released, but got huge support from Jimmy Van M, Nick Warren, Moshic, Ashley Casselle and many more.

Here we are now! Blake, barely 19 years brash, dynamic and a sincere artist!
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.
  • LV-8
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: This just in: Blake Potter on Proton

Are you like the unofficial Wendy's guy for Proton?

Comment

• skahound
      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by LV-8
      If I told you I'd have to kill you.

Comment

• LV-8
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by skahound
        If I told you I'd have to kill you.
        :WTF:

Comment

• skahound
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • Jun 2004

:WTF:

Comment

• Jibgolly
            Vortexuralizor
            • Jun 2004

if i had a nickle for everytime i heard Furball, i'd have about 4 million nickles.

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
              if i had a nickle for everytime i heard Furball, i'd have about 4 million nickles.
              The Potter mix? I'll give you that the track is played out. But I can't recall ever seeing his mix in a set.

Comment

• Jibgolly
                Vortexuralizor
                • Jun 2004

guess i meant the original.

Comment

• Pataky P
                  asdf_imo
                  • Jun 2004

Thanks the many infos!!!!

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                    Not cool enough
                    • Jun 2004

Damn only 19. It must be nice to have started your dj/producing career at that early of an age.
                    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...