X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mnbvcxz
    Platinum Poster
    • Feb 2006

Re: Chris Fortier to do another balance

Wow, some really interesting opinions here. However, I definitely take the side of clintlove and johns and think 007 was one of the best of the series.

Also, I think the .1 idea is great. It just goes to show much the guys like to work on the Balance series and put together whatever they like without the restrictions of the labels opinion.

Originally posted by lucky charms
    ^
    i wouldn't assume that to be entirely correct. in my honest opinion, i think 'prog' is just so vast and differentiated nowadays, that it would be hard to tell in exactitude. i can think of quite a few acts(at least under certain aliases) that might put out something like that. idunno, perhaps you are right.

anyways, lets hope he delivers this time. havn't been all that hyped for chris's most recent work.
    ^^ I think prog house as we know it died many many years ago. Yes, there are variations of it now but ultimately it's not a genre that stands on it's own two feet. People dabble with it and in some cases it works, but in most it's just pushing a dry boring sound (for me anyway). I would rather put "prog" into a category of style of mixing and programming rather than a particular sound. I'm quite comfortable to say that someone like Digweed has a mixing/programming style that is very progressive... but, as we all know he doesn't play prog or prog house. It's a little more than just clever layering, but really working tracks together to create a groove and mood - that's how I see it now, if at all.

Comment

• fletcher
      Platinum Poster
      • Jul 2005

Balance 007 seems like marmite on here then!

For me, i love it. Best of the bunch (although ive still yet to hear Voorns mix....)

Looking forward to his new mix
      http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Chatterbot
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fletcher
        Balance 007 seems like marmite on here then!

For me, i love it.
        Me loves it too.
        Looking back this love-hate-thing already happened when he released his Bedrock-album.

Cheers,
        G.

Comment

• scifi pi
          Addiction started
          • Oct 2004

I got an email from Fortier about the new Balance CD, only still in talks right now. Not confirmed but still working on initial contract negiotations and such.

Personally, as a big fan and close friend of Chris Fortier. I've known Chris for along time and have heard from his beginnings and own many of his early 90's mix tapes to his current releases and CD compilations. I didn't really like the Balance CD's at first. It took a good listening and they slowly grew on me. And I think lately, a lot the music especially the CD compilations take time to mature like a fine wine. For many that come out of the stable hard and fast and in your face, you seem to love them right away but don't have longetivity with a few exceptions. I think the better ones slowly get better through more time and more listens. IMHO.

..still one of the few locked in and all-time fave DJ comps in my main iPod.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
            Not cool enough
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Chatterbot
            Desyn´s Balance is a double-CD, isn´t it

Cheers,
            G.
            Yeah it's a 2XCD, Fortier's mix was the first one to be 3Xcd's.
            Jeffrey Collins: Painter
            My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
            My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• The One
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Seeing as the 'As Long As The Moment Remixed' project is still ongoing (EP5 due soon), it will be a little while before any 7.1 appears as theres talks that all the EPs and other remixes will be presented as part of an album.

Comment

Working...