X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick

I have a major bone to pick on this site. What is with all the English experts on here??

Do you realize how incredibly annoying it is??

It doesn't show that you are more intelligent because you can spell. English teachers only make $25,000/year so they can't be that fucking special. People come on this site to discuss topics that are important to them not get judged at every turn.

So to any of you out there that want to correct mine or others spelling mistakes go be a FUCKING English teacher and go make $25,000/year. You should be getting paid for the service you are doing.

Glad I got this off my chest!
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Spelling Mistakes Eat a Dick

Or you could not bitch constantly.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Adzey
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Mar 2008

What a great thread, sir i salute you!!

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• runningman
        Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
        • Jun 2004

well since I am not posting in Politics anymore I figured I will stir the pot in GYY

Comment

• Adzey
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Mar 2008

go for it!!!!

"Working like a wizard he doesn't jump around much or react much to what he is playing but the place is going nuts"

Comment

• toasty
            Sir Toastiness
            • Jun 2004

Having seen some of these threads, I know that on at least some occasions, you've been corrected on a post in which you are purporting to provide us all with your superior wisdom on one point or another, typically in the politics forum. In those cases, your self-annointed position as an authority will be given more weight when you demonstrate the ability to differentiate between "there," "their," and "they're" -- just sayin', is all...

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

where should I mail the check to pay you toasty?

Yet again superior wisdom doesn't necessarily mean that you are an English major. Most economists hate english that is why they got into numbers. That is the shallow thinking that smart people must be great at everything. Everyone has a flaw and mine is only english.

Comment

• Kamal
                Administrator
                • May 2002

I have typos and grammatical errors like no ones bizzness..... bitch at me try
                www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                Originally posted by ace_dl
                Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• lilsensa
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
                  People come on this site to discuss topics that are important to them not get judged at every turn.
                  You need a comma after "them" in conjunction with "and" right before "not", as well as "to" before judged.

The correct way for this sentenced to be structured is as follows:

People come on this site to discuss topics that are important to them, AND not TO get judged at every turn.
                  RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• toasty
                    Sir Toastiness
                    • Jun 2004

where should I mail the check to pay you toasty?
                    You've got my email, PayPal is cool.

Yet again superior wisdom doesn't necessarily mean that you are an English major. Most economists hate english that is why they got into numbers.
                    Well, no one is asking you to diagram a sentence or create flowery prose. I don't care what industry you're in, your opinions will be given more credence when they are delivered with words that are properly spelled, sentences that are properly formed, and paragraphs that make sense. That is reality.

Of course, on this board, I don't think anyone gives a rip unless you're telling them how stupid they are. When that is the message of your post, though, probably makes sense to proofread before you hit "submit reply."

Comment

• i!!ustrious
                      I got some N64 Games Yo!!
                      • Mar 2008

angleesh tis a fon langwedge. eye luv it!

huuked awn fonix werked foar mee!
                      (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• tiddles
                        Encryption, Jr.
                        • Jun 2004

Comment

• Adzey
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Mar 2008

^^^^ awwww puddycat

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

I will point out as many spelling and grammatical errors as I please, and now you've started this thread, you bet your ass I will even look for them now. Most of the time it's a piss take, but for the love of god, to start a thread to bitch about it is worse than the people pointing them out, lol
                            this is rich

and as toasty said, if you're going to sit there as the authority on everything, use spell check, it won't make YOU look like as MUCH of an ass

just sayin'
                            Last edited by Steve Graham; February 17, 2009, 05:17:27 PM.

Comment

• Adzey
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Mar 2008

hi steve

Comment

Working...