X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diegoff
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Sun Gazing anyone?

hi everyone, I´m into this since a couple of days ago. It´s an antique technique of minf-body healing. Quite simple as looking directly at the sun in safe haours of the day.
    Has anyone heard about it or did it?
    Scintists say this is the reason why older civilizations adore the sun.... I´m trying it.
    (btw, I´m not posting in the nonsense thread, taht´s a progress... hahahaha)

Here are some links, I think it´s very interesting:

It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
    Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
    May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current
  • Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sun Gazing anyone?

damn hippies!

Comment

• pdowney
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Forget it! This claim is so insanely ridiculous, so biologically impossible on the surface of it, so utterly magical that it's an utter waste of time to waste my science geek powers actually doing the calculations to prove that it's impossible because the body simply cannot convert sunlight into usable chemical energy. (That's why we eat plants, which can achieve this feat, or eat the animals that eat the plants.) The brain and eyes are a truly wondrous organs, but sadly neither are incapable of converting sunlight to biochemical energy, either alone or together. Going without food for too long would simply result in starvation, although dehydration would kill you long before starvation if you were foolish enough to stop all intake of food or liquid.
      Philip

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

this reminds me of the thread on oil-pulling

besides if you gain skin cancer it kind of defeats the purpose, do you agree?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• diegoff
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

^^ read it.. no skin cancer between the hours specificated
          It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
          Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
          May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
            Anyone have Styx livesets?
            • Jun 2004

thats a great blog - some really good skewering of completely crap "science" ie pseudo-science - ie made-up-stuff.
            ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
              Anyone have Styx livesets?
              • Jun 2004

and this is from the comments section :

I'm trying to figure out why all those starving people in the world lying out in the sun all day without shelter aren't the picture of health.

QED.
              ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Miroslav
                WHOA I can change this!1!
                • Apr 2006

Getting some sunlight is good for you - it stimulates the production of Vitamin D in your skin. Too much sun exposure is obviously not necessarily good. Gazing into the sun...I dunno about that one, I guess just make sure that you really are only in the early morning / late afternoon windows so that you don't damage your retinas.

One more thing: have you guys ever considered the fact that when it comes to skin cancer and sunlight exposure, it may be our bodies that changed and caused the phenomenon? We put different things into our bodies than we used to - for instance, most of you eat tons of unnatural hydrogenated oils every month. That shit didn't exist in any organism a few generations ago in the quantities that it does now. Some peoples' skin may react differently to sunlight exposure once it contains these fats than it did before.
                mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• floridaorange
                  • Dec 2005

A healthy diet reduces health risks period.

Decreasing ones exposure to UV rays will decrease your chance of cancer moreso than your diet will from what I am reading.

Comment

• Miroslav
                    • Apr 2006

^^ If the food you eat plays a role in skin cancer, then it's always going to be "quicker" to reduce your exposure to sunlight than to change your diet. That doesn't necessarily mean your diet isn't the cause.

Comment

• AntonyM
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Oct 2004

Does watching the sunset on shrooms count?
                      Originally posted by Shpira
                      So came back last night...
                      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                      Originally posted by Illuminate
                      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• floridaorange
                        • Dec 2005

i don't think you will find many doctors in florida or california (2 states w. highest deaths from skin cancer) who will tell you that sun gazing is fine so long as you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and watch those partial. hyrdo. oils

Comment

• Miroslav
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by floridaorange
                          i don't think you will find many doctors in florida or california (2 states w. highest deaths from skin cancer) who will tell you that sun gazing is fine so long as you eat plenty of fruits and vegetables and watch those partial. hyrdo. oils
                          I don't disagree. But this is really completely unrelated to the point I was making, at least.

Comment

• Haziel
                            Likes a finger upthere
                            • Jan 2007

^^^Nah is the quality of skin you have , the highest reports on skin cancer are in texas and australia by far compared to any other part of the world.

The only relation here is that caucasians are sooo sensitive to UV rays

Comment

• Dhar_2
                              meat and potatoes
                              • Jun 2004

Xenu says u must sun gaze!!!!

Comment

Working...