Well it sounds like your ISP is not delivering on its uptime, that must be in a contract somewhere if you're on a business package. Give them hell for that. Maybe doing some traceroutes and pings to find out where the breakage occurs to use as 'evidence?'
I need help writing an ISP Complaint
Collapse
X
-
Re: I need help writing an ISP Complaint
Well it sounds like your ISP is not delivering on its uptime, that must be in a contract somewhere if you're on a business package. Give them hell for that. Maybe doing some traceroutes and pings to find out where the breakage occurs to use as 'evidence?'
i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music
Originally posted by Hoffa powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all landsOriginally posted by m1sT3rLOh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.
I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head. -
Re: I need help writing an ISP Complaint
If your running a gaming location where most of the activity takes place on the internet, you should really have a dedicated line that is special for your business. There are plenty of fiber providers that will give a specific line so you aren't sharing the line with customers. It might be pricey, but in the long run it will pay for itself by not losing customers and your reputation when the line does down. If a dedicated line isn't feasible or affordable, maybe look into finding a backup ISP or backup connection.
And trying not state the obvious, but is there certain restrictions in place regarding the number of connections? My connection collapses if I have too many simultaneous connections. Do you have bandwidth and network monitors running?
Definitely worth calling and seeing what the problem is. Be sure to document every outage and be able to prove the outage is caused by them and not a network device on your end. Once you have that sort of data, you can write a complaint letter backed up with facts.Comment
-
Re: I need help writing an ISP Complaint
....Last edited by etincelles; April 19, 2010, 12:46:34 PM.Comment
-
Re: I need help writing an ISP Complaint
I've had similar problems with British Telecom with our Business Broadband. We are supposed to get up to 8 Mb, we live in a brand new house less than quarter on a mile from a brand new state of the art exchange. A lot of the time we are getting 5% of that. I spoke to BT Business who told me the reading was low and they couldn't explain why. I asked them if they could come out and look at it, they replied NO unless we paid £250. They felt as long as we where getting something that the Broadband was OK. I explained to them that if I bought a brand new Ferrari that only traveled at 20 MPH I'm sure the garage would come out and check it. The support team saw my point but still refused to send an engineer. CUNTSOriginally posted by res0nat0rOK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!
Comment
-
Re: I need help writing an ISP Complaint
yeah i think best is to call them and ask why you losing signal and going offline. maybe its a good idea to ask neighbors if they have the same internet provided and if so, if they experiencing the same problems. are the computers connected wireless or with ethernet cable? i had similar problem with my laptop when it was connected wireless but when i used the yellow cable the connection was great. maybe you should change your router??
surely before you write any complaint letters tho call them.
Greeks don't fight like heroes, heroes fight like Greeks
"Winston Churchill"
Comment
-
Re: I need help writing an ISP Complaint
Wrote a brief complaint explaining what the problem is and waiting for their response. I also mentioned that if i dont get reimbursed i will seek legal advice.
I
I ve been talking to tech support about this long ago, they even found errors , then they decided to change the router which still didnt resolve the problem...this has been going on for months. The contract says 1mb bandwidth guarantee so i guess they should do something about it!
thanks for all the info guysComment
Today's Birthdays
Collapse
[ms] Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 192,210
Posts: 1,238,525
Members: 53,135
Active Members: 31
Welcome to our newest member, jackfroster.


Comment