• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bender420
    Tickle me Elmo!
    • Jun 2004

what state of mind...

am i in?
    i've babbled before about the losses of friends in the month of feburary as well as the last half of my life. close to, if not more than 20 in the last 16 yrs. it's fucking with my head, and yea i've been hitting the sauce tonite! i can't get past the first 10 minutes of a thomas schumacher set from last month. maybe it's b/c i can't get hold of anyone to talk to in person. i think about the loss of jibs as well as my old roomate this week and it just doesn't sit well with me. i lost my faith in a god or a religion a long time ago and despite that i've always tried to keep a positive point of view about life! for a long time i've believed in reincarnation, the idea that we have souls that walk a path towards greater understanding, stepping forward or backwards as they go. but thinking about the loss of those two and i see no reason for that progression. i couple the two of them with someone i lost when i was 16 and all i feel is anger! i shouldn't, and i know a lot of it is the alcohol, but i feel a loss i haven't felt in a long time. i'm NOT suicidal, so please don't get the wrong idea. i was once like that and i can honestly say it, I AM NOT THERE! i've just spent so much time in my life trying to feel right or even content in the world! and for a long time life has bored me, it just does.
    and honestly, until i met the ms group at the meetup, i've never been one to open up to others. i'm babbling now b/c i guess i feel i can do so amongst people that know the part of me that matters most to me, but things are just eating at me right now.
    i can't get no sleep! as the track goes, and that's something i really need right now, but the head won't turn off.
    i've been rambling for a while now, and after looking at this i don't want to post this in GYY as the board has had to much to deal with as of late.
    the majority of me wants to delete this all together, but part of me feels that venting and leaving it out there will be better.

VENT/RANT OFF!!!!

this doesn't belong here
    Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."
  • phuck'm-up
    MCast Resident DJ
    • Jan 2008

Re: what state of mind...

I hope you feel better as the day goes on. Know there is light everywhere and it is all around us. This light wants you to be happy. I know it is hard at times but remember that if everything were easy we would never change or grow. Sounds to me like you are growing in some form or another. Take care.

some love your way,

philip
    https://soundcloud.com/bass00monkey/aquanaun_rebirth_club_controler_demo_a_real_dj_featuring_eddie_golds_fly_away_with_k_major

Comment

• DancingQueen
      AVB FanClub | President
      • Oct 2005

Hang in there Bender. I know you've been having a rough few months, but know you aren't alone. I am sure I can speak for everyone on this site to say we are all here for you if you need to vent, etc.

As Philip said, try to find some light in all the darkness around you and focus on that. Think of the good memories that you have and use them to help you.

If you need someone to talk or vent to, PM me anytime. I also have AIM and MSN if that is easier...

*hug*
      sigpic
      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

As much as I'm scared of saying it, if you need a change of scenery, just come up here and stay with me.
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Mad'Em Fixer
          Addiction started
          • Aug 2008

I understand how you feel. All I can tell you is to rely on your friends. They can be amazing! If there is anything I can do please let me know. And I truly do believe there is a light, it just gets dim sometimes.

Much Love

Em
          UFUCKINGCUNTCHA!!!!R.I.P. Jib!

Comment

• lilsensa
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

I'm going through pretty much the same thing, Bender.. Every morning when I wake up, and look around my apartment, it doesn't seem real, like it is just an empty space...I see the people around me laughing and having a good time, and I wonder if it is just a cruel joke, because I am not laughing or having a good time.. I try to talk to my family about it, but they just tell me to toughen up, or they tell me it's all in my head...It's not fair..
            I recently had a girl break up with me because she said I was "damaged"....She pretty much threw me away because I was defective, IMO...

If you haven't seen a therapist, maybe now would be a good time to do so...I'm very skeptical of the whole therapy thing, but it helps a little...Also, cutting back on the drinking will help you tremendously, trust me..It got to a point where I was scared to even have alcohol in my house for fear that I would down the whole bottle along with all my pills. Scary stuff when you just don't know if you will even wake up the next morning.

A half a dozen different prescriptions later, I'm still not back to where I used to be; happy, confident, and pushing forward with my dreams....I'm still stuck, and all I want to do is sleep and hope that when I wake up, everything is better. Wishful thinking...

Get help dude. Shoot me a pm if you need some support. I'll be glad to listen and help.
            RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• bobjuice
              Banned
              • May 2008

^^ Lilsensa said it.

Talk to people. We all go through this sort of thing at some time or another to varying degrees and the one thing that is 100% guaranteed to fuck you up is if you think you're best to deal with it all alone - you're not!
              People understand more than you imagine maybe so share how you feel with someone you feel comfortable talking to (even if it's a stranger) and it will help more than you're letting yourself believe right now.
              Pm Lil, me or one of the many other people here who care about you and bit by bit things can get better - believe.....

Comment

• scifi pi
                Addiction started
                • Oct 2004

this may sound crazy but this has helped me through tough times...

read a book - "The Ways of the Peaceful Warrior" by Dan Miliman.

Comment

• Shpira
                  Angry Boy Child
                  • Oct 2006

I completely understand what you guys are saying.
                  The only thing I would say is that rather than doing something stupid you wont have a chance to regret, try changing shit around radically. I always said and I stand by it...if I ever get truly down...I am just gonna sell everything I own and go traveling. I think radical change in life can be good, can act as a healing tool and a way for one to get to know himself.
                  I know it kinda sounds crazy but I spent some time alone in isolation purposefully in order to toughen up mentally. I read Nietzsche...I kinda gave up everything to understand what I had and what I can have. It made me appreciate the few friends I have and the good times I had and can have again.
                  I am not religious in any remote way and never really was but I do appreciate the finer things in life and I think that they are enough of a reason to live. I think each of us has to find his own way and own reasons for existence. I hope this helps in some way at least in a sense to let you know that your not the only one searching for meaning.
                  Keep your head up mate.
                  The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                  Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• scifi pi
                    Addiction started
                    • Oct 2004

^ thats easy for you to say since your only 21 and still young but IMHO it ain't that simple and I highly don't recommend it especially if you have a spouse, family, career, etc. etc. I assume your still single with no attachments or family obligations.

Comment

• scifi pi
                      Addiction started
                      • Oct 2004

^ also, going to see a professional like LilSensa said wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

• lilsensa
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

^^And don't expect to find one that you like on the first try either...I've liked about 1/11th of the psych's i've seen, and I'm still not sure if I like my current one. Good luck dude.
                        RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Shpira
                          Angry Boy Child
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by scifi pi
                          ^ thats easy for you to say since your only 21 and still young but IMHO it ain't that simple and I highly don't recommend it especially if you have a spouse, family, career, etc. etc. I assume your still single with no attachments or family obligations.
                          I am sure if you do what you need to do to yourself into a mentally stable position...your family and anyone who cares about you will understand. If you fail to tidy yourself up you will end up blaming all your problems on your family...Furthermore anything including failing to fulfill you obligations is better than the alternative.
                          The Idiots ARE Winning.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
                          Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

• scifi pi
                            Addiction started
                            • Oct 2004

^ The product of youth, Ignorance is Bliss.

Comment

• Shpira
                              Angry Boy Child
                              • Oct 2006

i don't understand you for real...you are arguing better end it all or live your life in a state of despair and self pity than change shit around and find something worth living for???
                              The Idiots ARE Winning.

Mark Twain

SOBRIETY MIX

Comment

Working...