• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamal
    Administrator
    • May 2002

Re: what state of mind...

Originally posted by Bender420
    first of all, thank you to everyone for your thoughts and support!

secondly, the reasons for my post was b/c i'm frustrustrated on a few levels. i haven't worked on a film in new orleans since july due to several circumstances completely out of my hands. b/c of that i've been driving back to the town i grewup in which is 3 hrs from nola ( new orleans ) to work with my dad whose a plumbing contractor. so basically i've been living there in order to pay rent in nola. on top of that, i don't have many really close friends there anymore plus there is absolutley nothing to do there. so i work and then shut myself up in my room doing nothing. also, b/c money has been very tight so i really couldn't afford to do anything anyway. on top of that, my mother and i have a rocky relationship at best and coupled with the fact that b/c of a cronic back problem for the last 20+ yrs, she's an even harder person to get along with. and over the last few yrs she's become increasingly hard on my father which adds to my frustration as well as makes everything in the house more of a headache! so i basically drive back and forth to nola every weekend just to sleep in my own bed and have a little time to myself.
    all of this has led to me drinking a lot more on weekends than usual. for the last few months it seems like i've been drunk one half of the weekend and hungover the other half.
    add all of that to the fact that i'm 33 and since i was 16 i've buried close to 20 friends! THAT'S JUST FUCKED!!! it's just hard to understand and make any sense of things.
    add all of those ingredient together and pour in a large dose of alcohol and i couldn't sleep b/c my head wouldn't shut off and i just needed to vent. i didn't have anybody to talk to and that's why i posted here. the best thing about this board is that there are all these differing points of view and experiences and everybody is willing to share a piece of themselves for the help of others here.

thirdly, just as i just now stated, different things work for different people! so scifi pi and shpira thank you both for your thoughts, but please understand there is no absolute right answer to life. both of you have good thoughts on it, and age hasn't got much to do with it. many times in my life i've taken a step back to reevalute my life. and it's something that's worked for me.

fourthly, i've just started a workout program that is adding a lot of structure to my life at the moment and i've always liked exercising as a way to release stress. and that will cut back my boozin to a much better level. this past weekend was Mardi Gras so i knew i'd be hitting the sauce pretty hard. just wait til you see the pics and video's that clintlove will post!

lastly, please understand that i'm not in danger of doing something stupid! i just needed to vent and i did. it felt good to say something. so again thanks for all the thoughts, esp. kamal and steve for the texts. i'm glad more and more that clint and i crashed the p-cola meetup!

best wishes and much respect to the people of Mercury Server!!!

Jamey
    fuck Jamey that just kills me to read this man
    www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
    he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
    Originally posted by ace_dl
    Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
    I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• DancingQueen
      AVB FanClub | President
      • Oct 2005

Hang in there Jamey! xo

I hope some of the changes you are making help out. And if you need a place to escape to for a bit, you have lots of options...you can even come to Canada if you want
      sigpic
      RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
      RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• i!!ustrious
        I got some N64 Games Yo!!
        • Mar 2008

or the west coast, your welcome to cruise out here anytime J.
        (((( }-d|-__-|b-{ ))))

Comment

• Bender420
          Tickle me Elmo!
          • Jun 2004

thanks again guys!
          like i said, i just needed to vent and felt comfortable coming here to do it. and it's made a huge difference putting everything outthere. i appreciate the offers to visit and when the time comes that i can i'll probably take some of you up on it.
          Don't let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's in walking distance.

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• Kamal
            Administrator
            • May 2002

thanks again guys!
            like i said, i just needed to vent and felt comfortable coming here to do it. and it's made a huge difference putting everything outthere. i appreciate the offers to visit and when the time comes that i can i'll probably take some of you up on it.
            there's no "probably" as far as I am concerned, you just tell me when and I'll see you at the airport.

Of course if you plan to drive, I'll probably put my lazy ass into gear and mail you that updated Navi DVD I haven't gotten around to burning / mailing you.
            www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
            he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
            Originally posted by ace_dl
            Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
            I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• bobjuice
              Banned
              • May 2008

thanks again guys!
              maybe next mardi gras everone'll come to you???

Comment

• Steve Graham
                DJ Jelly
                • Jun 2004

nah, he can come to us

Comment

• Bender420
                  Tickle me Elmo!
                  • Jun 2004

who would want to go to tampa for mardi gras?

"some things simply aren’t meant to be bootybumped. Hard liquor is a prime example, as it will burn like a motherfuck."

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

I meant in general, twat
                    lol

Comment

• bobjuice
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Steve Graham
                      nah, he can come to us
                      fair enough - i thought everyone got their tits out at mardi gras though?
                      urban myth?

Comment

• Steve Graham
                        DJ Jelly
                        • Jun 2004

i was just saying in general, but yeah there are a lot of places the tits get flung out

for example:
                        mardi gras (nola)
                        gasparilla day and night parades (tampa)
                        guavaween (tampa)

basically
                        crowds + booze+ birds = B00BS

Comment

• Bender420
                          Tickle me Elmo!
                          • Jun 2004

it would be rather expensive for me to visit everyone.
                          MS meetup - nola 2009

Comment

• Steve Graham
                            DJ Jelly
                            • Jun 2004

I've never been there before, I'd actually love to go to Jazz Fest one of these years

Comment

• Bender420
                              Tickle me Elmo!
                              • Jun 2004

the door is always open

Comment

• bobjuice
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

or come here to old england and watch the beautiful people dancing

Comment

Working...