X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skahound
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Jibgolly
    i'm not smiling about death. but he deserves it. does he not.
    go look at your wife and sleeping child and come reply in a little while.
    Whereas I don't have a wife or child to speak of, I did have an aunt that was brutally raped and murdered and her body left in an orange grove in Polk County only to be found by migrant workers. I still do not believe in the death penalty. We are essentially saying, "It's wrong to kill someone, so we're going to kill you." That just seems hypocritical imo.

A few interesting facts that I found:

Florida
    Florida would save $51 million each year by punishing all first-degree murderers with life in prison without parole, according to estimates by the Palm Beach Post. Based on the 44 executions Florida has carried out since 1976, that amounts to an approximate cost of $24 million for each execution. This finding takes into account the relatively few inmates who are actually executed, as well as the time and effort expended on capital defendants who are tried but convicted of a lesser murder charge, and those whose death sentences are overturned on appeal. (Palm Beach Post, January 4, 2000)

Texas
    Death penalty cases cost more than non-capital cases. That is about three times the cost of imprisoning someone in a single cell at the highest security level for 40 years. (Dallas Morning News, March 8, 1992)
    A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• supaz
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

That's nuts ... 24 mill ?

Comment

• Kamal
        Administrator
        • May 2002

wait I dont get it, they spent 24 mill to execute someone ? so does this include the costs incurred in having to keep someone alive for the X number of years until they are laid to rest ? that number and analysis seems whack. how the feck can we have expenses on something that doesnt expend ?

-e-
        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
        Originally posted by ace_dl
        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Steve Graham
          DJ Jelly
          • Jun 2004

ska, that is a horrific story. truly sorry to hear that.

It is good (for lack of a better word) to hear an opponent of the death penalty that actually has had to deal with something like that. I wold venture to guess the majority of people that are against it, have never had to deal wioth anyting remotely close to that.

and that is true, it does seem hypocritical, but, I know if someone killed someone very very close to me, as hypocritical as that seems, I would want that person to suffer like no one has ever suffered before. Unfortunately, I know, that no length or amount of suffering will bring said person back, and it most likely wouldnt make me feel any better in the long run. But it is human nature. I think society should have just adopted an eye for an eye, and kept it that way.

Someone mentioned earlier about wrongful convictions. Well, unless the person is caught on film, or confesses, or there is so much forensic evidence that it just cant be any one else, that is the one major flaw in this country's, and most country's legal system.

But maybe this a make up call... there is a certain former Heisman Trophy winner/ double Murderer walking free searching for his wifes killer, I mean, playing golf and selling interviews at the murder sight.

Comment

• skahound
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Encryption
            wait I dont get it, they spent 24 mill to execute someone ? so does this include the costs incurred in having to keep someone alive for the X number of years until they are laid to rest ? that number and analysis seems whack. how the feck can we have expenses on something that doesnt expend ?

-e-
            The $24M includes the trial, appeals, sustaining the person for X number of years, the cost associated with electrecution, etc. Check out this site for facts www.deathpenaltyinfo.org.

Comment

• skahound
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unome
              I would want that person to suffer like no one has ever suffered before.
              That's why I'm able to rest at night. Knowing that the worthless piece of shit that did that to my Aunt is rotting in a cell for the rest of his miserable existence is suffering more (imho) than if he'd been put to death and able to quickly escape the memory of what he did to my loved one.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                i use to be important
                • Jun 2004

i'm not smiling about death. but he deserves it. does he not.
                go look at your wife and sleeping child and come reply in a little while.
                you guys are ape shit retarded. i never stepped into the realm does he deserve it or not. that was not even close to my point. surely his verdict is in, and at that point people should not clap or smile.

think about this ... gross.

dead, yet alive.

Comment

• CrazyMadFlyGirl
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jul 2004

Definite Applause on the fact that he's Convicted for sure... but I also have ? w/ the death penalty... If there is 100% guarantee that there will be no parole offered Ever & they WILL have to live the rest of their natural born Fucked up life in Prison.. I'm for that!

Let them suffer every day... not just mentally...other inmates who have wives & children- are gonna have their way with this sick twisted bastard over & over & over...

& not to lighten up my thoughts too much here- but does anybody else see the resemblance to Ben Affleck in that picture in the paper??
                  ~SnOoPy WAS rIgHt! DoGgY sTyLe Is ThE bEsT~

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

Bennifer on death row? ahh, we could only hope

that would be the only way to avoid all these god awful movies he "acts" in.

Comment

• skahound
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by CrazyMadFlyGirl
                      but does anybody else see the resemblance to Ben Affleck in that picture
                      Looks more like Kenny Rogers to me.

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

that shit was on CNN again last night, that dude in the beard is the victim's (Laci's) step-father

-e-
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                        Originally posted by ace_dl
                        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Steve Graham
                          DJ Jelly
                          • Jun 2004

right, I think Crazy is referring to the pic of Scott Peterson resembling Bennifer not the old geezer

Comment

• skahound
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by unome
                            right, I think Crazy is referring to the pic of Scott Peterson resembling Bennifer not the old geezer
                            Yeah, I was just toying with her.

Comment

• thrualoooop
                              Addiction started
                              • Jun 2004

society has become so backwards...the death penalty is meant to be a deterant to make someone think of possible consequences of their actions before they act....since the death penalty takes years and sometimes never even happens the deterant factor is no longer there...it used to be that people/laws/authority meant what it said...this may not be a perfect example but "the wild west" may not have been so wild because you did'nt just talk shite to people cause you may get shot....there is no real authority anymore i mean the cops can't chase you in your car so why not run,if they catch you and they make a technical mistake you may walk,and if you are arrested smoothly there's court,and if they manage to convict you and give you the death penalty it may take 20 years......
                              i'm not a real dork i just play one on the internet.......

Comment

• Luis Dena
                                Addiction started
                                • Aug 2004

dont kill him let him rot in prision and put him in the same cell as bubba.....

that will make him wish he was dead....

Comment

Working...