X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Benety
    Fresh Peossy
    • Aug 2004

Termites (white ants) fooked over my records

A lot of my records have been screwed over by termites (white ants). Those annoying little a-holes ate through all the paper and wood on the floor and deposited their shit onto my vinyls. I have trying brushing them off with water and a toothbrush. I have even gone so far as to use a lightly acidic wash to remove the crap between the grooves.

I haven't had much luck though. Its really upsetting since I spent tons of money them and I can't do anything about it. Anyone have a similar experience?

- b
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

fuckin hell that sux. are your records insured?

Comment

• MJ
      Here since 2002
      • Jun 2004

Yikes, thats a new one on me. You should move house sir. Shame about the records
      mjwebhosting you know it makes sense

Silentium est aureum

Comment

• Steve Graham
        DJ Jelly
        • Jun 2004

have you tried a vinyl cleaner such as gruv glide?

Comment

• Benety
          Fresh Peossy
          • Aug 2004

Thanks for the sympathies. Its tricky this situation because the termites have deposited the processed cellulose in between the grooves. Even scrubbing with a toothbrush didn't work - I wish someone finds a termite shit solvent. That'll solve the problem!

Comment

• skahound
            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
            • Jun 2004

Not sure where you're located but call a local pest control company. Don't call one of those big chains, but maybe a mom-and-pop style. Slide them a few dollars and see what they can do for you.
            A good shower head and my right hand - the two best lovers that I ever had.

Comment

• DreamGirlie
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

that sucks.
              "Welcome to Hezbollah phone line, for terrorist supplies press 1."

Comment

Working...