• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Re: Rush Limbaugh

Originally posted by runningman
    Toasty the Democrat thing really does seem cult'ish with you.
    As an aside, if you look back at my posts in the politics section since I've been on [ms], two things are readily apparent:

1. I think the current incarnation of the Republican party is completely off the rails, out of touch with the mainstream, and has leadership that is horribly misguided, if not literally retarded.
    2. I really like that Barack Obama dude.

Even though I have openly and frequently stated my support for Obama, I think you'd be hard pressed to find posts where I'm trumpeting the praises of Pelosi, Reid, etc. or the Democratic party in general. Most of my posts are directed at the GOP because they've made themselves such an easy target, but contempt for the Republican party as it exists is not the same thing as love for the Democrats.

You're free to believe whatever you like, but if you look at what I've actually posted, you'll find that I'm more likely to dole out harsh words for democrats for overplaying their hand, being completely ineffectual, or engaging in truly unhelpful behavior than gush about them.

Comment

• toasty
      Sir Toastiness
      • Jun 2004

Re: Rush Limbaugh

Originally posted by toasty
      This is great PR by Rush personally, because he's only bolstering his own influence, but there's no way this reflects the master plan of the GOP as a whole. FFS, the actual head of the RNC has been bickering with the symbolic head of the RNC (prior to offering his mea culpa) -- and that infighting makes the party look like a bunch of slapped asses. That can't possibly be by design.
      Well, let it never be said that I don't admit when I am wrong. Turns out this whole thing was all part of RNC head Michael Steele's master plan:

[Steele] was asked to look back at his tiff with Limbaugh, in which he claimed that the bombastic radio personality was "incendiary" and "ugly" only to backtrack on his words.

It looked embarrassing for the Maryland Republican at the time. But Steele contended that it was all a part of a grand "strategic" plan.

"I'm very introspective about things. I'm a cause-and-effect kind of guy. So if I do something, there's a reason for it... It may look like a mistake, a gaffe. There is a rationale, there is a logic behind it," he said. "I want to see what the landscape looks like. I want to see who yells the loudest. I want to know who says they're with me but really isn't."

"It helps me understand my position on the chess board. It helps me understand, where, you know, the enemy camp is and where those who are inside the tent are," Steele added. "It's all strategic."

My bad, GOP. Didn't realize I had just been bamboozled by Steele's strategery into thinking that the party was in the midst of a civil war. Didn't realize it was part of the master plan. Whoops.

Comment

Working...